Pantheism - the self-negating reverence of nature and the universe

If this was a reply to me (...I did say that most religious people had taken their parents' religion...), or, even if it wasn't (:hihi:)...

My thoughts are not set in stone on this one; I haven't researched it. But the evidence is in the fact that countries are described as christian or muslim, for example. Israel can be decribed as a Jewish country, dontchathink?:hihi:

If the majority of religious people in Britain had not followed their parents' religion (christianity), then it would not be classed, rightly or wrongly, as a christian country. It would be multi-faith with no outright majority.

I agree with you on many of the points you make. But Britain being classed as a christian country is a very broad description of the word christian. Most of the people I know class themselves as christian, but they do not adhere to the bible; do not attend church; and do not class themselves as being very religious at all.

Anyone can say they are a christian, but what does being a christian mean?

At the moment it seems to mean - cannot be bothered to put anything else in answer to the question of religion.

Redwhine - I expected better of you.

Just because babies do not do the things you associate with searching for divinity does not mean they don't. It's another of those pointless disagreements dependant upon your point of view.

And the comments about the royal 'we' and such really do not do you justice at all. So picky. Picky picky picky!

And there is nothing wrong with saying "I believe we are - " because it states that it is the posters belief. You can just as easily put "I do not believe we are -" But instead you get picky.

So disappointed! Ah well!

When I give an opinion, it's my opinion. I don't claim a mandate.

If I state something which I know to be a fact, I say as such.

The 'we/us' thing smacks of preaching and proselytising. I call it 'theistspeak'. I find it distasteful and it contributes nothing.

If you disagree, so be it.

Quite a hypocritical post there dragon :)

For hades sakes - I thought the laughing heads would have been a clue ya sad so and so. Get a sense of humour before the stress kills ya.

Sheesh! Some folk were definitely awol when the sense of humour was handed out.

Post 666 (^) contains references to hades and dragons. Ooh er, misssus!:o

:hihi:

Post 666 (^) contains references to hades and dragons. Ooh er, misssus!:o

:hihi:

Thanks for that. I do not need people pointing out such coincidences to me. I have a very fragile mind you know. I am going to be worrying about the implications of that coincidence for hours and hours and hours. As if I am not stressed enough. :hihi::hihi:

Archived