Parcels to Zimbabwe ,will you help them??

I am writing to you as a member of the Sheffield Forum , in an urgent attempt to raise awareness of the vulnerable and abandoned children and babies of Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, whom i have been involved in working with for over a year.

During the past year I have visited Zimbabwe three times. The first time was February 2009 ; during November I took a team of five out to work and see the projects ,which are being developed for the abandoned children and I have also just been out again to take medicines and clothes.

We have a local sponsor who is sponsoring 12 flights for me over the next 12 months, which is a great help.

We send out clothes which include pants, socks, sweat shirts, t-shirts, skirts, trousers, dresses, hats and gloves. We also send medicines, such as antibiotics, eczema cream, calpol, vitamin C and D and many helpful items to three organisations.

These organisations are Mind the Gap, Isaiah’s baby home and Northend Street Boys Home.

The majority of the work we do is to pack and send parcels of clothes and medicines.

Over the past year we have sent over 500 parcels, which has had a positive impact on the lives of the children. This year we are hoping to send over a 1,000 , but to do this we need your help, either to sponsor pre-packed parcels or to send parcels themselves.

These parcels are life savers in a country that has little resources and where the average person lives on less than $1 per day

For further information , to make a donation or if there is any other way in which you think you could help , please contact me on here or via my signature link.

here are some photos of the children we are caring for

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/waggytailstina/081.jpg

This is of 18 month old Caleb who was abandoned shortly after birth , he has Asthma and constant chest infections.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/waggytailstina/076-1.jpg

Baby Rachel was abandoned at less than a week old and wouldn't have been found but for some street kids who brought her into the street clinic.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/waggytailstina/071.jpg

Baby WethembeKeelie who was brought into the baby home by her mum as she couldn't afford to feed her , as she had no milk through Malnutrician. Sadly her mum had to leave her and hasn't been back for a while.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/waggytailstina/057.jpg

Caleb and Jessica who live in the baby home.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/waggytailstina/037.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/waggytailstina/036.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/waggytailstina/035.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/waggytailstina/034.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/waggytailstina/033.jpg

These are some of what we take out to the children, everything we take gets to the children, for which we are thankful.

It's great work that you are doing out there Teeny, I have some medicine, antibiotics and bandages for you to take next time you go and will keep on collecting for you.

Keep collecting as I have 3 very short trips planned, with their winter coming I have to take out warm clothes for our babies , I have been given vests, pants , socks , hats and gloves for our street kids, also have been given by a local buisiness 20 fleeces! which have gone out via post last week , our street kids will benifit greatly from these, In Zimbabwe winter days are warm but nights are freezing!

Great week Teeny, everybody should help this great cause out if they can.

I had a visit this afternoon from a lovely lady who wishes be annymous but is on the forum we have been able to post these 3 bags of parcels because of her generosity, which is appox 24 parcels. Thanksyou

here is the bags ready for the post office.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/waggytailstina/006.jpg

Is this where that Mugabi bloke is ? because if it is my help stops right here with this post.

If him and his own people can watch them suffer then I sure can. I wouldnt send over a bean to such a corrupt country where the missery of of their own doing (and I mean 'their' as in their peoples)

If its not the same place then I will concider sending over a few bob to help out.

Is this where that Mugabi bloke is ? because if it is my help stops right here with this post.

If him and his own people can watch them suffer then I sure can. I wouldnt send over a bean to such a corrupt country where the missery of of their own doing (and I mean 'their' as in their peoples)

If its not the same place then I will concider sending over a few bob to help out.

It is Zimbabwe , Mr mugabe is indeed the president of this country, I personally cannot sit and see children starving to death and in need of medical aid hence why we choose to help , we have no corruption within the small group who go to help and 100% of what we send gets there. So many Childrens lives have been saved because of a few parcels. If you went there and saw for yourself you as a human being couldn't stand by and see this happen. We don't get polically involved as we just go to help the chilren. People on here have already given clothes, medicines and postage , Yesterday we posted 24 parcels in one go , we have never been able to send that many in one go , We also can today post another 5 as we had another gift of £50 last night from someone else on here.

Thats why you cant afford to live your life watching tv, or you will see things in the world that are upsetting and develope some sort of emotional connection to things outside of your control.

We as a country are very susceptible to this because of the freedom of our media and how good they are at there jobs by bringing us world wide news to our living rooms and as a result we are one of the worlds most charitable countries.

We however cannot 'fix' the world from our arm chairs and we should lobby our MPs and Govt if we must but should rely on the Govt to make informed decisions on how to deal with people like Mugabe and the humanitarian issues his people are subjected to.

We have to at some point step back and not feel the personal connection and responsibility that your left with every night because its the issue of the day on the news, there are children all over the world suffering, all over, and the only way to make any real contribution would be to jump on board with some international charity that is already formed that is organised ang equiped to deal with starvation and child poverty globaly.

Also at some point the people will have to address the state that they now find themselves in. This was a good country before this moron got his grasp on power and its needs either an uprising from the inside to turf him out, international pressure, or his death (however that comes about) to get it back on its feet.

I don't want to be putting anyone off doing what you feel you have to do but I am just saying that pressure from the UK and established charities are the best way to go if you must take everything to heart that comes on the box.

Good luck anyhow ;)

Thats why you cant afford to live your life watching tv, or you will see things in the world that are upsetting and develope some sort of emotional connection to things outside of your control.

We as a country are very susceptible to this because of the freedom of our media and how good they are at there jobs by bringing us world wide news to our living rooms and as a result we are one of the worlds most charitable countries.

We however cannot 'fix' the world from our arm chairs and we should lobby our MPs and Govt if we must but should rely on the Govt to make informed decisions on how to deal with people like Mugabe and the humanitarian issues his people are subjected to.

We have to at some point step back and not feel the personal connection and responsibility that your left with every night because its the issue of the day on the news, there are children all over the world suffering, all over, and the only way to make any real contribution would be to jump on board with some international charity that is already formed that is organised ang equiped to deal with starvation and child poverty globaly.

Also at some point the people will have to address the state that they now find themselves in. This was a good country before this moron got his grasp on power and its needs either an uprising from the inside to turf him out, international pressure, or his death (however that comes about) to get it back on its feet.

I don't want to be putting anyone off doing what you feel you have to do but I am just saying that pressure from the UK and established charities are the best way to go if you must take everything to heart that comes on the box.

Good luck anyhow ;)

Just to let you know , I travel to Zimbabwe regulary to take items which the children need ,I have seen first hand what life is like for the orphans, abandoned babies, street children, I have not just seen on the TV , we work alongside US food aid ,World vision ,and Isaiah's ( which is a Zimbabwean charity) No matter how small the organisation we can make a small difference both to the children we have in our forever homes, the baby home as some of the townships we work within, thats a good start for us, we could lobby our priminister but he has already said he won't lift sanctions on Zimbabwe unless there record on humatarian issues improves , the people the are frightend of Mugabe and his hench men , in some of the small villages people during the election had no freedom of who they voted for ! they would have had their homes burnt down, families beaten and no US food aid!!!

so really they have no choice.

Archived