Lost Yorkshire cousins of Sheffield

Hi have been searching for the following for quite a long time now, so hopeful some here might know of a link to either family?

One family is via a Dr. Henry Liversidge b1827, his 1st daughter b1855-1931, married a Robert Thomas Cross a Sheffield Butcher in 1882 Sheffield, they had 5 daughters and 1 boy Robert b1885, he married a Betsy Cooling in 1916, and had one boy a Robert L. Cross b1917, the girls I know nothing about, can give their 1911 locations, but are not married at that time. Catherine Margaret b1883, Mary Victoria b1888/d1910, Helen Louise b1891, Jane Frances b1894and Constance Emily b1898

The other family is via a Walter Clark he died early but his 2 boys and one girl all married. William Edwards Clark b1872, md 1900 Florence Mary Cooper no issue. Henry Herbert Clark b1876 md1907 Mary Anderson, think they had issue?

Gertrude Mary Clark b1875 md1901 a Eugene Jullien, and was never heard of again? Think she may hav lived until 1957 where I found her in the Freebdm.

Have an main steam of Edwardses out of Peterborough, dating back to 1755-1827, when a William Edwards, ran a pub in Heckington, Lincs, have no idea how he came to run a pub there either? but he did well for his many children. 2 boys 6 girls.

Thanks for looking Tim.

Assuming these are all the right ones

Catherine Margaret Cross - didn't marry according to this

Name: Catherine Margaret Cross

Birth Date: 20 Feb 1883

Death Registration Month/Year: 1970

Registration district: Sheffield

Inferred County: Yorkshire West Riding

Volume: 2d

Page: 74

Mary Victoria died at 22 and didn't marry before her death

Helen Louisa didn't either (although for some reason she is on the 1891 census as Helen F Cross but I presume this was a mistake)

Name: Helen Louisa Cross

Birth Date: 7 Nov 1890

Death Registration Month/Year: 1973

Registration district: Wortley

Inferred County: Yorkshire West Riding

Volume: 2d

Page: 1657

Cant find trace of Jane Frances. Looks like Constance E never married either

Name: Constance Emily Cross

Birth Date: 27 Mar 1898

Death Registration Month/Year: Aug 1987

Age at death (estimated): 89

Registration district: Sheffield

Inferred County: Yorkshire

Volume: 3

Page: 1309

either a regular bunch of spinsters or they didn't change their names if they married ??

In addition to the above.

Gertrude M Jullien died in Wolverhampton in 1957 aged 82

Eugene J Jullien died in Wolverhampton in 1962 aged 84

Dont know if they had any children, although there were some born in the right area(presuming they lived in the Wolverhampton area) between 1901 and 1912, it does not state the mothers maiden name.

Thanks Devlin, that gives me a little heart, sad about the 5 girls that really hurts to think that none of them could find a husband, guess it was around the 1st WWar, so not many men about. Still ???

Now to try and see if Gertrude had any children, wonder why they both are not in the 1911 Census, different spelling maybe?

No sign of them in Ancestry which ever way I spell their name.

Hope someone who is related to William or Henry Clark, might read this and get in touch

Archived