Anyone go to Takapuna?

Hoobs

Hi, think it closes around 1am, there is usually a queue outside when most of the bars are closing.

the music is mainly house music though there are one off nights with different tastes catered for.

the people there are mainly the young and the glamerous and the drink/food prices are quite expensive but all in all its worth a visit.

Its ok but it can be really pretentious, having said that i have had some good nights in there. I havent been for a while but last time i went it was a Friday night and was absolutley packed!! It took ages to get served and you couldnt move at all. Not really my thing.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by amazonsam69

I like it at the weekends, cos u can chill out downstairs (not 2 busy), or dance and be mental upstairs...The only thing I hate is the toilet attendant with perfume, paper towels etc. I feel guilty for not leavin a tip. Do they also have an attendant in the gents?

certainly do...i feel bad about it too but they've everywhere nowdays so i'm getting used to it!

Originally posted by Hoobs

can anyone tell me what takapuna is like, what music and what type of people go there and also what time does it close...cheers:thumbsup:

I play downstairs on a saturday and steer well clear of funky house - covering pretty much all other genres with some scratching etc to liven it up a bit - it is definitely a better crowd on a saturday more friendly and less trouble - and yeah the toilet attendent thing is well annoying - quick story - was in rhino on friday night went to the loo and then washed ma hands and then dried them with no help from attendent person (clever me!!) and went to walk out when the cheeky attendent coughed and pointed at his little tip tray - he did absolutely nowt apart form make me feel awkward!! - are we havin to pay for bl**dy soap now - what the.......!!!:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Originally posted by KidPhunk

I play downstairs on a saturday and steer well clear of funky house - covering pretty much all other genres with some scratching etc to liven it up a bit - it is definitely a better crowd on a saturday more friendly and less trouble - and yeah the toilet attendent thing is well annoying - quick story - was in rhino on friday night went to the loo and then washed ma hands and then dried them with no help from attendent person (clever me!!) and went to walk out when the cheeky attendent coughed and pointed at his little tip tray - he did absolutely nowt apart form make me feel awkward!! - are we havin to pay for bl**dy soap now - what the.......!!!:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Next time one of these guys does nothing but clear his throat at you then point to his tip tray, say thanks and take a quid! Or alternatively, you could follow suit, clear your throat and then deposit what you've just cleared into his little tray, either way I think they'll get the message about their attitutde!

The lady in the Leadmill on monday very kindly went 'HAIRBRUSH?' to me. I said 'what, have i got one or do i need one?' and she just repeated 'HAIRBRUSH' in a think Carribbean accent. Well! How insulted was I! It's tousled, I'll have you know, stinky perfume lady!

Archived