Real Ale Pubs near Sheffield Station

Akposodje

We are planning on trying The Brewery Tap pub at Sheffield Staion on Friday and then heading up towards the old Henrys to try that now it is a Real Ale Pub.

Anyway, the Station to Henrys is a long walk and wondered if anyone could advise any Real Ale pubs tucked away down that end of town as it is not somewhere I usually have cause to venture.

Many Thanks

From Sheffield Tap go to the Rutland Arms, Red Lion, The Roebuck then Henry's. :)

If you can be bothered walking across the bus station (and back) after the Tap they normally have a decent pint in the Queens Head.

The Tap will be packed early Friday evening.

You really think so? It's never going to win any awards but I find it to be fairly pleasant for a pint of Moonshine or two en-route.

It's never been 'awful' to be fair.

i think its gone massively downhill since its GBG days. no longer in there, last time i was in the moonshine was poor and the only other ales on offer were black sheep and deuchars.

i think its gone massively downhill since its GBG days. no longer in there, last time i was in the moonshine was poor and the only other ales on offer were black sheep and deuchars.

Then you've been spoilt, 3 real ales on is a perfectly fair selection for a town pub rather than a dedicated real ale outlet. I'd rather visit a pub with 3 decent quality ales on rather than one with 15 on, some of which are of questionable quality because not enough people are drinking them.

Then you've been spoilt, 3 real ales on is a perfectly fair selection for a town pub rather than a dedicated real ale outlet. I'd rather visit a pub with 3 decent quality ales on rather than one with 15 on, some of which are of questionable quality because not enough people are drinking them.

Whenever my dad comes up to visit and I take him for a mini pub crawl around Kelham Island, he always uses the word spoilt also, i.e. "that's beautiful; blimey, you're spoilt here son".

Whenever my dad comes up to visit and I take him for a mini pub crawl around Kelham Island, he always uses the word spoilt also, i.e. "that's beautiful; blimey, you're spoilt here son".

That's the word I use when I'm describing the real ale scene in Sheffield to Southerners!

And the thing is, the people I mix with down South do want to know about places like the Sheffield Tap given the reputation Sheffield has for real ale.

4 R's mini pub crawl seems increasingly popular this end of town.

Railway Station - Rutland - Red Lion - Roebuck.

Henrys should be a great addition to this, and a nice staging post onto Dev Cat and then Bath?

Taps to the Bath would then be more appropriate (Thanks Eddy for that - I can't claim credit) the RRRR

Archived