Fri 26th 7pm & Sat 27th 1pm Crazy Eights & Fallen Trees Live @ Penelopes

Penelopes

Penelopes is proud to present...

The Crazy Eights and Fallen Trees

The Crazy Eights

Hailing from Chelmsford, these boys are set to rock Penelopes socks off, Choosing to Launch their new EP at this Gig. Here's what the press said So Get Ready......

REVIEWS

December 2009 - Andy Gibbard of GBO Records

“There are very few bands who can take the energy from a live performance and store it in recorded form. I feel very nostalgic listening to Crazy Eights’ music because it has a 90's Britpop undercurrent… man I loved those times. Crazy Eights sound like a punk Blur, take that how you want.

‘Fire to Control’ opens with some U2-esque delays, in comes a Kasabian style groove, then suddenly crashes into The Hives/Stereophonics when they seldom rock out. I can tell Crazy Eights have a lot of influences and use them well. Ahh!! ‘Kids Are Hanging Around’ is actually genius. Very impressive. It could easily be stolen by Bono for one of his crazy U2 hooks, a la "Vertigoooo".

All in all, Crazy Eights are an intensely high energy group - with the potential to be one of the best live bands in the country.”

November 2009 - Mark Richards of RSW Concerts and Organic Records

"Hailing from Essex Crazy Eights have made a big impression on the London gig scene since arriving in the summer of 2009. Sell out shows at The Borderline - The Camden Barfly have shown that every recession has a silver lining. The band pump out rock and roll with a swagger and a smile and have set of totally infectious tunes. Crazy Eights are hotly tipped for 2010."

September 2009 - Criminal Records

"Full of energy, punchy, rocky, Crazy Eights are accurately all that we want to listen now"

April 12th 2009 @ The Boston Music Rooms, London.

Words by David Couchman, Stage 1 Showcase.

"Crazy Eights have the pleasure of closing the night for us, and what a sweet send off it is, their Brit-pop and rock styling sees them as a tight 4-piece that is reminiscent of a more edgy and possibly more aggressive Blur.... ....take my word for it, when I say a trip to see the Crazy Eights will be well worth your while. "

Create your own banner at MyBannerMaker.com!

Influences Kasabian, Muse, Oasis, Rage Against The Machine, BRMC, Audioslave, The Beatles, Stereophonics... ....also Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, RHCP, The Black Keys, The Subways, John Butler Trio, Wolfmother, Cage The Elephant, Stone Roses, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, James Brown, Butcher Blues Foundation.

Sounds Like A young and enthusiastic love child of Kasabian, Muse, Oasis, Rage Against The Machine, Stereophonics and BRMC.

Have a Listen Here

http://www.myspace.com/crazyeightsuk

Fallen Trees

Fallen Trees are playing one of their last gigs as a two piece....not to be missed

Listen Here

http://www.myspace.com/fallentreesband

Doors Open 7pm Friday and 1pm Saturday

Show Starts 8pm Friday and 2pm Saturday

Tickets £4/£3 Guestlist.

Add yourself to Penelopes Guestlist, Just text YOUR NAME to 07845 880 677

Penelopes

53-55 Arundel Gate

Sheffield 1

We are right beside the Odeon, our door faces the Adsetts Building.

Archived