Calling all those with dry skin/eczema - advise please

Hi all, I am suffering from really dry skin and eczema. I am bathing in E45 bath oil and washing with the E45 wash cream and then moisturising my body with E45 cream. This routine has always worked quite well but just lately I am not feeling totally clean and would like to use something else to wash with. I have always shied away from using soap and foaming shower gels (even unscented ones) as I am lead to believe the foaming agents in them are bad for eczema.

My facial routine consists of removing make up with Simple or N07 wipes at night and then washing with the E45 wash in the mornings but again my face doesn’t feel clean in the mornings but I have been advised against foaming face washes.

I have been using a Clinique cleanser in the mornings but its getting expensive now (about £15 a tube) and I want something cheaper but still effective.

I have heard that Dove unscented soap is good, as is Sanex shower cream but I am still reluctant to use them. I also wonder if baby washes are any good but I believe they still have scent in them – as does Sanex?

Can anyone please recommend something that is cheaper and effective and makes you feel clean. I have wasted so much money in the past and just want to go for simplicity now if possible as my funds are running low. Also which facial moisturisers are best and do they have to have sunscreen in them? Make up tips are also welcome.

Thanks all :)

Hey. I too suffer from eczema, its not too bad but when it does flare up I use Pears transparent soap. Quite cheap from Morrisons etc, its only slightly scented and It does makes me feel so much cleaner than other soaps. I also use sanex foaming bath if I want a nice soak, other stuff makes me itch big time but this doesnt. Also I use double base moisturizer , prescribed by my doctor but available over the counter, after bath/shower and its amazing stuff. Hope this helps.

Hiya, I suffer from eczema but not to the same extens as what you do. I use biotherm foam facial wash which is excellent and I've been using it for about 5 years. It is only available in boots at meadowhall, and I do know that they do a sample size foam face wash so you could get a free sample. I also use biotherm moisturiser which is like a cool gel moisturiser which leaves my skin feeling cool and quenched.

Can't really suggest a bath or shower gel but I try to go on a sunbed once a week as this helps my eczema, also betnovate HD cream from Docs gets rid of any patches quickly, pink tube.

I recently started with eczema behind my knees and on my back. Went to the doctor and got a prescription and it was gone in two weeks. She prescribed one cream which has active ingredients and said I should use E45 in between times.

I recently started with eczema behind my knees and on my back. Went to the doctor and got a prescription and it was gone in two weeks. She prescribed one cream which has active ingredients and said I should use E45 in between times.

What was the cream she prescribed?

Archived