Calling all those with dry skin/eczema - advise please

You could try the olive oil cleansing, I do it every night and it makes your face feel clean and moisturised at the same time. I use Clinique clarifying lotion beforehand but you can use whatever you normally use to remove any make-up etc.

Then; wet your face with warm water

pour a pea-sized amount of olive oil into your hand

massage into your face for about 30 seconds

use a hot, damp flannel to gently wipe off the olive oil; don't scrub too hard.

It's best to use just before bed.

I hope that helps. I don't know what you can do differently for your body. My sisters both have eczema and they use E45 and Oilatum cream for it.

My daughter suffers with Eczema and uses Cetraben emollient cream, prescribed by the Docs. Im also using it on my little boy as he's getting really bad dry patches.

It's really good.

Oilatum is fab for bathing, but it's really expensive if you can't get it on prescription.

I always found E45 made my kids condition worse. I did use Aqueous cream for a while, but our Doc said this was only advised for cleasing with, as opposed to using as a moisturiser.

For my face I always use Simple Wipes, Cream Cleanser and Simple toner. I've always found acquious (SP?) cream really good for helping clear up my gammy skin, but it feels horrid and doesn't smell pleasant. Dream Cream from Lush is a nice everyday cream I use when my skin isn't too tender, it's quite light so doesn't take ages to sink in, it's good for summer. The Lush bath bombs etc don't seem to irritate my skin either.

Recently I've developed eczema (in small patches) on my legs, and shaving is really uncomfortable. Does anyone have any suggestions for any products that might make it easier as shaving gel seems to be irritating my skin more.

There is a soap bar available on ebay as (it comes from East Asia and isnt available in this country that I'm aware of after having searched for it), which I have given to several people suffering from severe eczema and has helped to relieve the symptoms considerably. Its called Polytar soap bar and doesnt dry the skin etc but makes it more flexible and soft. There is someone selling this product from the UK at the moment so take a look at this item number:120541891979 and if you do decide to use it, let us know how you got along. All the best.

Hi all, I am suffering from really dry skin and eczema. I am bathing in E45 bath oil and washing with the E45 wash cream and then moisturising my body with E45 cream. This routine has always worked quite well but just lately I am not feeling totally clean and would like to use something else to wash with. I have always shied away from using soap and foaming shower gels (even unscented ones) as I am lead to believe the foaming agents in them are bad for eczema.

My facial routine consists of removing make up with Simple or N07 wipes at night and then washing with the E45 wash in the mornings but again my face doesn’t feel clean in the mornings but I have been advised against foaming face washes.

I have been using a Clinique cleanser in the mornings but its getting expensive now (about £15 a tube) and I want something cheaper but still effective.

I have heard that Dove unscented soap is good, as is Sanex shower cream but I am still reluctant to use them. I also wonder if baby washes are any good but I believe they still have scent in them – as does Sanex?

Can anyone please recommend something that is cheaper and effective and makes you feel clean. I have wasted so much money in the past and just want to go for simplicity now if possible as my funds are running low. Also which facial moisturisers are best and do they have to have sunscreen in them? Make up tips are also welcome.

Thanks all :)

For my face I always use Simple Wipes, Cream Cleanser and Simple toner. I've always found acquious (SP?) cream really good for helping clear up my gammy skin, but it feels horrid and doesn't smell pleasant. Dream Cream from Lush is a nice everyday cream I use when my skin isn't too tender, it's quite light so doesn't take ages to sink in, it's good for summer. The Lush bath bombs etc don't seem to irritate my skin either.

Recently I've developed eczema (in small patches) on my legs, and shaving is really uncomfortable. Does anyone have any suggestions for any products that might make it easier as shaving gel seems to be irritating my skin more.

I know you said that the Lush stuff doesn't bother your skin but it may be worth avoiding using them until the eczema on your legs have cleared up, as I know it makes my skin awful.

Try bathing in Oilatum bath soak before shaving, it moisturises your skin and leaves you with almost a "slick" of moisturiser - your supposed to leave it on but it would probably make shaving a lot easier. Also, have you tried using conditioner instead of shaving gel?

Archived