Atlantic Crescent, Lowedges

the1

Hi the1, I'm not sure what it's like up there now? But I lived on Atlantic Rd. for 5 years until 2001 when they knocked down the 3 towerblocks up there. It's not a bad place to live and it's handy for the shops at Woodseats (as well as Pubs and Food outlets).

There was quite a problem with drugs in Lowedges back then, but as far as I know it's not as bad as it was by a long way. I was part of the 'Drug Scene' up there (I'm clean now since 2002). I have a couple of friends who still live there and they tell me it's calmed down alot since I left.

All in all - I was one of the nicer places I've lived in since leaving home at age 18 (I'm 37 now). I have lived in Lodge Moor, Crooksmoor, Norfolk Park, Hunter's Bar, Nether Edge, Sharrow, Broomhill as well as spending a year on the streets in Town in '93/94.

I suggest you go and have a look at it and 'see how it feels' to you.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Here's a link to Google maps, Have a scan round on Street view. That should give you some idea of the place. :thumbsup:

Hope this Helps. :)

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

---------------- Now playing: Johann Sebastian Bach - Italian Concerto BWV 971-3 via FoxyTunes

Edited by mikeybaby72
Bad link

its one of the better parts of lowedges, for what its worth. Better than lowedges crescent/lupton areas.

Been a while since i lived round there tho

I'd definately agree it's better than Lupton :suspect: - That's Rough as a bears back bit!:hihi:

But I can think of plenty of worse areas to live than Atlantic Crescent. Liberty Estate below Stannington for 1.

---------------- Now playing: Mr.Benn.Ep.6.The.cook.Part.1 via FoxyTunes

Yes thankyou... I have had a look on google maps street view, but am still not sure lol. I currently live in Hillsborough and dont know anything about Lowedges as regards to crime or anti socal behavour. I dont want to move to a bad area lol. Anybody else have a view?...

Yes thankyou... I have had a look on google maps street view, but am still not sure lol. I currently live in Hillsborough and dont know anything about Lowedges as regards to crime or anti socal behavour. I dont want to move to a bad area lol. Anybody else have a view?...

Unless you have to move from Hillsborough - I'd stay there rather than move right out to 'The Ledge'. It's quite a long way out, although shops & pubs at woodseats are far better than Hills. :)

---------------- Now playing: Cigarettes & Alcohol via FoxyTunes

Unless you have to move from Hillsborough - I'd stay there rather than move right out to 'The Ledge'. It's quite a long way out, although shops & pubs at woodseats are far better than Hills. :)

Id agree with this, i wouldnt swap hillsborough for ledges. I lived there for 18years, been gone 11years this year and theres parts i wouldnt like to be walking round now

I still live with parents and bidded for it. At 27, I thought it would be the right time lol. I am not sure wheather I want to waste my years (coming up to 5 in June) firstly on a bedsit and secondly on an area that I am not sure about. I think I may leave it and wait until something bigger comes along...