Atlantic Crescent, Lowedges

the1

Dont take it. lowedges isn't a nice place to live.loads of crime, they have trouble with big gangs of kids. not so long ago i was at the chippy (1 on the bottom shops) & a gang of lads where messing about with a air rifle. no one battered an eyelid. yes i know all estates have some type of trouble, but lowedges seem to get more than most!

If its near Atlantic Road then ur fine as thats on the way out of Lowedges towards the fire station on the way to Bradway, that area isnt bad its one of the better parts of Lowedges. Personaly I wouldnt live there myself but if I had to choose an area of Lowedges, I would choose that part.

I live on the Wybourn so kinda calling the kettle black but my mate lives there, it's one of the places where if you've grown up there and your face is known your ok, but not an easy place to move into, just like my area.

Keep yourself to yourself and you'd probably slip right in though.

Hope that helps.

why did you bid on it if you havent scouted the area and know what its like? If its a council owned property you may never get another offer. It may not be the best area in the world but its a start. You can always take it a year at a time. If its council, its cheap rent and secure tenancy, so at least you will be in a good position long term.

As many opinions are on here doesn't equate with living somewhere. Give it a go, and if you have a council flat you can always try mutual exchange if you need to go elsewhere.

Try it, you may like it, you may not, but as you said, you will have parents backup and support so even if it doesn't work out its not the end of the world.

I grew up on Lowedges and it wouldn't be a place I'd move back to.

I now live in Hillsborough and it's alot nicer. If I were you I'd look else where. Not all council properties are cheaper than private rented accomadation.

Have you got any friends you can live with?

It's your choice but like another forummer has said, it's a hard place to fit into if you don't know anybody and you're family is at the other end of sheffield.

Hope this helps!

Thanks everyone for there views :)... I have decided to reject it based on the fact that its too far out & with the problems etc...

The reason I bidded for it was purely because I was fed up after spending months, nah years trying to get a property and bidded using my mobile, thinking that I wouldn't have got it. Its better to bid, then at least you have the option.. It will go to someone else now lol.

Thanks everyone for there views :)... I have decided to reject it based on the fact that its too far out & with the problems etc...

The reason I bidded for it was purely because I was fed up after spending months, nah years trying to get a property and bidded using my mobile, thinking that I wouldn't have got it. Its better to bid, then at least you have the option.. It will go to someone else now lol.

I think you've made the right decision for your circumstances. Keep building up waiting time and hopefully you'll (eventually) get a flat in an area that you want. If you did take on this tenancy then you'd have to start again from scratch building up waiting time. If there is no pressure to move out of your parents' home, and you're ok living there, don't move to the other side of town where you know no-one. If you really feel you have to move out, look for something private on a temporary basis, and keep bidding! Why not investigate whats available from housing associations too?