Bands of the 60's - shape of the rain

• 1 month later...
They were an excellent band.I used to put them on at the free concerts I organised in Weston park and they always did a great show.
I attended every concert watching bands like SOB, Lazy Jake, Hot Property,Greensleeper to name but a few,Shape of the Rain had a huge following

in those days.I's there any history about Western Park concerts back in the early seventies,this was a great event and appreciated by many progressive rock fans in the area,it was probably Sheffield's answer to Woodstock.

I attended every concert watching bands like SOB, Lazy Jake, Hot Property,Greensleeper to name but a few,Shape of the Rain had a huge following

in those days.I's there any history about Western Park concerts back in the early seventies,this was a great event and appreciated by many progressive rock fans in the area,it was probably Sheffield's answer to Woodstock.

I remember Lazy Jake. Great rock band. They used to do Free stuff. Well they would with name like that. Lead singer had really long thick hair (could have been a red head). Cant remember his name, but his girlfriend was called Cathy. And if she reads this I want my "Free Story" album back. :hihi:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just Found Today, the latest Shape Of The Rain Posting on You Tube -
'Willowing Trees'. Hope that you enjoy.

Awesome Roy, I am off on a prog rock bender. :D The guy who is putting the songs up. His youtube channel is pretty damn good. Roll on the re-make if it happens.

Archived