Bands of the 60's - shape of the rain

They were an excellent band.I used to put them on at the free concerts I organised in Weston park and they always did a great show.

Hello Glyn?,

I'm an Administrator for Shape Of The Rain's Facebook Page, would you like to join us on there for the latest news of the Boys etc? If so, search on Facebook for Shape Of The Rain and then 'Like'!

As you probably know, the Band have been in the Studio during 2010/11 recording some new versions of songs from their Riley, Riley, Wood and Waggett Album. They are hoping that the results will be made available soon. Brian Wood - Guitarist and Pedal Steel Player with the Band, contacted me the other day, he has heard about you from somebody and would like me to try and put you in touch with him. I think that he wants your recollections of the Weston Park Concerts etc, in relation to Info about the Band that he is putting together, to go with the new recordings.

I would be grateful if you would contact me and then I can give Brian your details. Brian has for some time has been a member of Dave Berry's Band, The Cruisers.

Hoping to hear from you,

Regards,

Roy

I attended every concert watching bands like SOB, Lazy Jake, Hot Property,Greensleeper to name but a few,Shape of the Rain had a huge following

in those days.I's there any history about Western Park concerts back in the early seventies,this was a great event and appreciated by many progressive rock fans in the area,it was probably Sheffield's answer to Woodstock.

Didn't some of the guys from SOB go on to become Saxon?

Great News! As well as Amazon, the Shape Of The Rain album, Riley, Riley, Wood and Waggett can now be listened to and purchased from iTunes! Many Thanks from the Band, to everyone who has shown interest in them and their Music!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!! Latest e Bay Auction of Special Test Pressing, Promo Edition of Shape Of The Rain's 1971 RCA/NEON - Riley, Wood and Waggett. Album located in Japan. Starting Bid of $299.99 - £188.69. 20 Hours left to go at this time . . .

. Link to eBay Details ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHAPE-RAIN-SAME-Japan-LP-TEST-PRESS-G-Fold-Slv-NEON-VERTIGO-/130599119514?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item1e68506a9a

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2012 'Sample' of the New Recording and Promotional Video Clip by Shape Of The Rain, of 'Wasting My Time'. The Full Version will be available to download soon on iTunes, Amazon, & Spotify .... 2012. Well Done to the Band, Production Team and Kenny Riley ...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived