Should smokers be allowed to adopt or foster kids?

This is completely stupid!! I don't smoke personally, but my mum has just quit, my dad quit a while back, my boyfriend smokes. I wasn't brought up around that much smoke but alot of my parents friends smoke. If people can't foster or adopt children just because they smoke then that is absolutely pathetic. One day I would like to have children, whether the person I am with smokes or not shouldn't come into it, and yeah I'll force my poor little child to live in a house where a smoker lives. The government is just stupid if they are focusing on making sure smokers can't even breathe without breaking some kind of law or rule.

The UK Government earned £10,305 million in revenue from tobacco duty and VAT in 1997 - £8,390 million in excise duty and £1,915 million in VAT. Now do you honestly think the govern-ment wishes to ban smoking..

Nope, the government doesn't want to ban smoking, that's why you can still smoke in parliament! They want everyone to carry on to line their pockets but they want to make it really really hard for everyone. I find it's worse now that the smoking ban is on and I don't even smoke!

Nope, the government doesn't want to ban smoking, that's why you can still smoke in parliament! They want everyone to carry on to line their pockets but they want to make it really really hard for everyone. I find it's worse now that the smoking ban is on and I don't even smoke!

It would be interesting however to know the figures for how much is spent on treating those with smoking induced diseases on the NHS?

I'll force my poor little child to live in a house where a smoker lives.

What a trully noble attitude. I'm sure your child will be eternally grateful and in return, when the time comes, force you to live in a home where people wet the beds.

Archived