Sister Trevethicks Nursing Home

Daven

I have recently discovered that my Great Grandmother died in this establishment in 1961 and wondered if anyone remembers it or has any information about it.

The address was 36, Broomhall Place.

Hi - I have a faint recollection of a nursing home in Broomhall Place; an aunt of mine lived nearby in the late 1950s. The nursing home was still in existence in 1972 to judge from its entry in the 1973 Kelly's Directory. The 1925 directory shows it at 36 & 38 Broomhall Place as "Nursing Home: Sisters Marjorie and Christine Trevethick". The sisters appear, aged 7 and 10 respectively, in the 1901 census return as the daughters of Samuel H. Trevethick, a Lincolnshire-born commercial traveller resident at Abbeydale Rise.

Hi - I have a faint recollection of a nursing home in Broomhall Place; an aunt of mine lived nearby in the late 1950s. The nursing home was still in existence in 1972 to judge from its entry in the 1973 Kelly's Directory. The 1925 directory shows it at 36 & 38 Broomhall Place as "Nursing Home: Sisters Marjorie and Christine Trevethick". The sisters appear, aged 7 and 10 respectively, in the 1901 census return as the daughters of Samuel H. Trevethick, a Lincolnshire-born commercial traveller resident at Abbeydale Rise.

Thanks for the time and effect you've put into that research.

It's filled a few gaps !

Thanks again.

Archived