Child forced to join in act of worship.

In this thread?:(

At least 2 posters have completely misconstrued what I have been trying to say in this thread. And neither of them are Grahame!:o

I'm even starting to doubt what I've posted myself.:help:

Have you made any other posts on this thread ?

I wasn't one was I? I don't remember. It's me sinility. Once it starts playing up there's no helping it.

I got a bit confused with the vicar thing but someone explained it to me and I sort of got it - then forgot.

Sorry if I was one of them anyhow. :blush:

No.

(From memory...) Danot and harvey19. I hope it's all sorted now though.:suspect:

:hihi:

No.

(From memory...) Danot and harvey19. I hope it's all sorted now though.:suspect:

:hihi:

Yes, it has been an intersting debate to hear different viewpoints.

I had better spend some time speaking to my wife now though, and not about school or singing!!!

Sigh! Which is what I've been saying all along.

:confused:Where have I suggested that?:huh: Which post has given you that idea?:suspect: I never said, nor implied, that!

Neither have the right, nor the authority. Had the teacher not (reportedly) overstepped their authority, this thread would not have been started.

Sigh! Read the OP.

(By threatening to humiliate the child in front of his/her peers as a consequence of non-compliance.) I never said that they had the right or authority to do that, just that that is what they were reported to have done.

If a vicar threatened the same (with the same lack of right and authority) to a voluntary guest at a wedding, the guest can advise the vicar on sex and travel (...f*** o**... ) or, ultimately, leave. The child does not have that option.

I beg to differ. I don't believe I have misconstrued what you were saying. You claimed that the two situations that I presented(ie. "the vicar" opposed to "the teacher") were completely different matters. Although I fail to understand why if niether have the right nor the authority???.

I beg to differ. I don't believe I have misconstrued what you were saying. You claimed that the two situations that I presented(ie. "the vicar" opposed to "the teacher") were completely different matters. Although I fail to understand why if niether have the right nor the authority???.

You are just bored now aren't you?

How many times does someone have to say something before it is accepted that they have said it.

When I was a child and attended church, if the vicar saw you was not singing hymns then you were given a sermon and attention drawn to the fact you had not been singing which was, for some, damned embarrassing. Me - I just walked out of the church and never went back, but not all kids are like that. So there are similarities between the two cases - albeit some 40 years apart ;)

The whole thread is based on the fact that neither have the right nor the authority. And that one of them overstepped the mark. Had the teacher not overstepped his/her authority, this thread would not exist.

Had it been a vicar (that threatened sanctions against a wedding guest), the wedding guest was free to stick up two fingers (or one to use the current vernacular) or leave. The child would create more problems for themselves were they to try to do either.

You are just bored now aren't you?

How many times does someone have to say something before it is accepted that they have said it.

When I was a child and attended church, if the vicar saw you was not singing hymns then you were given a sermon and attention drawn to the fact you had not been singing which was, for some, damned embarrassing. Me - I just walked out of the church and never went back, but not all kids are like that. So there are similarities between the two cases - albeit some 40 years apart ;)

I'm not bored. What makes you think I might be?.

The whole thread is based on the fact that neither have the right nor the authority. And that one of them overstepped the mark. Had the teacher not overstepped his/her authority, this thread would not exist.

Had it been a vicar (that threatened sanctions against a wedding guest), the wedding guest was free to stick up two fingers (or one to use the current vernacular) or leave. The child would create more problems for themselves were they to try to do either.

I don't think......no enoughs enough, got to get on with my life.

The child would have good reason to stick thier fingers up and leave both situations. Being in school wouldn't make any difference what so ever. The teacher having over stepped the mark would be the one having to defend their actions to the school board, not the child.

I would imagine that a child forced to do anything whilst in school might think they haven't much choice in the matter, it would be understandable for a child to think that. But i'm an adult. I'm not viewing this from a childs point of view.

Archived