Child forced to join in act of worship.

I wa referring to Jesus and the Bible !!!!

No you were not. Here is the post to which I replied...

But you still refer to the tooth fairy and Santa by their proper names.

Whether one blieves or not I do not think ridicule is necessary.

You only refer to the tooth fairy and Santa.

Even if you did mean jeebus and the babble, ridiculous (and unsupported) claims should expect to be ridiculed. They've had 2,000 years, give or take, and the best they've come up with is this piece of circular reasoning.

It does when you compare a situation where someone has no authority with a situation where someone has some authority.
At what point did the teacher have "some" authority to do what is alledged?.

Originally posted by redwhine

i.e. they overstepped their authority as opposed to the vicar who has no authority to overstep.

:confused: I still don't follow.

Let's compare both situations: On one hand we have a teacher overstepping their authority.. which they are not permitted to do!. We agree on that.

On the other, we have a vicar acting without authority.. which they are not prmitted to do!. We also agree on that. Yet somehow, we continue to disagree that authority make the two situations different.:huh:

No you were not. Here is the post to which I replied...

You only refer to the tooth fairy and Santa.

Even if you did mean jeebus and the babble, ridiculous (and unsupported) claims should expect to be ridiculed. They've had 2,000 years, give or take, and the best they've come up with is this piece of circular reasoning.

I do not think name calling helps your argument after all Jesus can not answer back.

At what point did the teacher have "some" authority to do what is alledged?.

Originally posted by redwhine

i.e. they overstepped their authority as opposed to the vicar who has no authority to overstep.

:confused: I still don't follow.

Let's compare both situations: On one hand we have a teacher overstepping their authority.. which they are not permitted to do!. We agree on that.

On the other, we have a vicar acting without authority.. which they are not prmitted to do!. We also agree on that. Yet somehow, we continue to disagree that authority make the two situations different.:huh:

Surely a vicar has authority in his or her chuch under health and safety legislation. Indeed a vicar would probably be prosecuted if they allowed smoking in church.

I do not think name calling helps your argument after all Jesus can not answer back.

(:huh:What argument?:confused:)

Neither can the tooth fairy nor Santa. They're all ficticious.

If the claims made about jeebus were true, he would be able to answer back. (...as in 'the living christ'.)

Omnipotent, but unable to sort out one measley human being.

Sad, really.

Originally posted by harvey19

Surely a vicar has authority in his or her church under health and safety legislation. Indeed a vicar would probably be prosecuted if they allowed smoking in church

I sure they would be prosecuted. As would anyone deliberately violating the uk smoking ban laws.

(:huh:What argument?:confused:)

Neither can the tooth fairy nor Santa. They're all ficticious.

If the claims made about jeebus were true, he would be able to answer back. (...as in 'the living christ'.)

Omnipotent, but unable to sort out one measley human being.

Sad, really.

Don't be sad everything turns out for the best in the end.

Archived