Child forced to join in act of worship.

Any person in a position of authority that genuinely believed that they are justified in enforcing a belief system onto others, would be deluded. Should they then enforce it onto others, they would become a deluded bully.

They sing hymns at football matches.

They sing hymns at football matches.
You're quite right, they do. Although iv'e never heard any reports of the police abusing their position of authority by demanding that everyone attending should participate in singing the fifa anthem.

You're quite right, they do. Although iv'e never heard any reports of the police abusing their position of authority by demanding that everyone attending should participate in singing the fifa anthem.

You are right danot. :)

Wait a minute, so are you saying that morning assemblies are for the purpose of god worship, where "everyone" who attends is expected to unite in hymn singing to praise god?. Are you also saying that any parent/s that disaprove should take it upon themselves to notify the school so their child can be excused?

For the final time.

Yes if a parent does not want their child to participate in something they should notify the school.

Singing hymns is only one part of a morning assembly and I would imagine the majority of participants have no problem in singing, in fact some may even enjoy it.

Any person in a position of authority that genuinely believed that they are justified in enforcing a belief system onto others, would be deluded. Should they then enforce it onto others, they would become a deluded bully.

Once again the teacher was asking the pupil to join in a group activity which they were not excused from being a participant.

If they did not wish to join in the teacher should have been informed beforehand.

For the final time.

Yes if a parent does not want their child to participate in something they should notify the school.

Singing hymns is only one part of a morning assembly and I would imagine the majority of participants have no problem in singing, in fact some may even enjoy it.

Ok, so we've now established that institutional god worship plays a small part of morning assembly. We've also established that every child is expected to participate in the god worship, with teachers having a duty to enforce their authority to ensure that every child in attendance is singing praise to god throughout the god worhip.

We've established that the school is willing to excuse any child from the institutional god worship, once their parent/s make efforts to notify the school of the childs desire to be excused, although the parent/s must have a legitimate reason. Have I missed anything?

i had the same issue with my daughter who shares in my beliefe of evolution not the big bang and she was made to feel very uncomfortable being forced to sing songs about what we see as nothing more than ancient fairytales so i told her not to sing and told the teacher shes not singing end of and if she had a prob to take it up with me not my girl! she never had any probs after that,

at the end of the day children are given milk in school but if YOUR chicd doesn't like it you wouldnt expect them to drink it hows signing different? its all just down to personal prefrence isnt it?

oh and when i was at school leftys were forced to write with there right hand despite the fact that they were left handed, now schools would accept that your not right handed so why not accept a childs word that they are not religous!

i had the same issue with my daughter who shares in my beliefe of evolution not the big bang and she was made to feel very uncomfortable being forced to sing songs about what we see as nothing more than ancient fairytales so i told her not to sing and told the teacher shes not singing end of and if she had a prob to take it up with me not my girl! she never had any probs after that,

at the end of the day children are given milk in school but if YOUR chicd doesn't like it you wouldnt expect them to drink it hows signing different? its all just down to personal prefrence isnt it?

oh and when i was at school leftys were forced to write with there right hand despite the fact that they were left handed, now schools would accept that your not right handed so why not accept a childs word that they are not religous!

Just as I keep saying you made the school aware of the situation and avoided problems. You went about it in the right way.

Ok, so we've now established that institutional god worship plays a small part of morning assembly. We've also established that every child is expected to participate in the god worship, with teachers having a duty to enforce their authority to ensure that every child in attendance is singing praise to god throughout the god worhip.

We've established that the school is willing to excuse any child from the institutional god worship, once their parent/s make efforts to notify the school of the childs desire to be excused, although the parent/s must have a legitimate reason. Have I missed anything?

Danot we are in agreement!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I have been saying for what seems a very long time now.

Archived