Child forced to join in act of worship.

This really is for the last time.

If the child and their parents do not wish the child to be included in a school activity no matter what the activity is they should inform the school of this.

This would give the child legitimate permission not to be included and the school staff would be aware of the facts.

Please do not start discussing the word permission.

Are you talking about compulsary corricular activity or none-compulsary corricular activity?

I think encouraging a child to rebel against the system is not a good idea. Fine encourage them to have their own opinion but teach them that in public we all have to behave in a way that is acceptable. What kind of society would we live in if we all did exactly as we liked with no regard for other peoples feeling/beliefs, ...Oh hang on isn't that exactly what we are heading for!!

I think encouraging a child to rebel against the system is not a good idea.

Which system does the situation under discussion apply to?

Fine encourage them to have their own opinion but teach them that in public we all have to behave in a way that is acceptable.

If not singing hymns is not acceptable behaviour, then singing hymns must be mandatory 24/7 in your little world, no?

Billions of people - including millions of christians - are behaving unacceptably at this very moment.

What kind of society would we live in if we all did exactly as we liked with no regard for other peoples feeling/beliefs...

A better one than where we all had to kowtow to one particular minority's feeling/beliefs which is the status quo.

Oh hang on isn't that exactly what we are heading for!!

I share your dream.

You are assuming that your god is my god?... are you a teacher?

Isn't there only 1 God.

I am not a teacher nor have ever been one.

What would be interesting though would be our different ages, yours, Redwhine and myself and see if there is a generation difference which may affect our viewpoints.

I am a 62yrs old male.

Archived