Child forced to join in act of worship.

Isn't there only 1 God.
You're asking the wrong person, i'm not a believer. Nonetheless, i'm willing to stick my kneck out on this one, and say, if you were to ask that question to the millions of people all over the world who are believers, regardless of race or religious faith, i'm pretty confident that they would all answer; yes!.

Originall posted by harvey19

I am not a teacher nor have ever been one.

Ok, I just thought i'd ask?

Originally posted by harvey19

What would be interesting though would be our different ages, yours, Redwhine and myself and see if there is a generation difference which may affect our viewpoints.

I am a 62yrs old male.

40 yrs male.

You're asking the wrong person, i'm not a believer. Nonetheless, i'm willing to stick my kneck out on this one, and say, if you were to ask that question to the millions of people all over the world who are believers, regardless of race or religious faith, i'm pretty confident that they would all answer; yes!.

Ok, I just thought i'd ask?

40 yrs male.

If Redwhine is a similar age to you and I presume Bloomdidi will be about the same age this may be the most interesting detail to come out of this thread.

I am probably of a generation where we were brought up not question authority and your generation do not accept things so easily and question established practices.

If Redwhine is a similar age to you and I presume Bloomdidi will be about the same age this may be the most interesting detail to come out of this thread.

I am probably of a generation where we were brought up not question authority and your generation do not accept things so easily and question established practices.

I dont mean to be rude, but there are poeple like yourself in every generation.

I dont mean to be rude, but there are poeple like yourself in every generation.

I agree with you but think my generation were brought in a more disciplined and strict regime where children were expected to do as they were told.

Maybe we should have a whip round for the teacher who has provided us with the topic for such a long debate.

Which system does the situation under discussion apply to?

If not singing hymns is not acceptable behaviour, then singing hymns must be mandatory 24/7 in your little world, no?

Billions of people - including millions of christians - are behaving unacceptably at this very moment.

A better one than where we all had to kowtow to one particular minority's feeling/beliefs which is the status quo.

I share your dream.

Thanks for dismantling the post. Saved me the job.

I agree with you but think my generation were brought in a more disciplined and strict regime where children were expected to do as they were told.
Yes, I agree with that. Unlike today, there were very few, if any, outside influences conflicting with the traditional values and beliefs that you and your generation were expected to comform to. Maybe that's why many of todays youths are in conflict with the regime.

Originally posted by harvey19

Maybe we should have a whip round for the teacher who has provided us with the topic for such a long debate.

Great idea!.. I for one would be more than happy to give them a whipping.:D

i really do find it disturbing though how someone who is not religous and not wanting to take part in a religion based ceramony can be branded rude and ignorant and naughty but at the same time if it was the other way round and a athiest wants to a muslim to eat a meal they had cooked that contained say red wine and they refused for religious reasons then thats deemed ok because thats thier religion,

i just dont like how its ok not to do something because its against a religion but its not ok to decline to do something because we may not share or have a religion,

people knock on my door at least 4 times a year banging on god this god that well im not going to induldge in a mere fantasy, there is proof in the form of fosils and bones that we evolved over years and years of monkeys to cavemen then into who we are now but yet i dont go to there homes or churches forcing what i believe on them,

i did not have my daughter christened as it would of been hypercritical of me but yet ive had a few christiens tell me ive damned her to hell?

i got married in a registry office as again i think it would have been wrong for me to do so in church but yet i've had chrisiens tell me im not really married,

isn't it about time that religious folk learnt to stop pushing there beliefs onto everyone else

religion has been the root of all evil, wars bombings hitler need i say more?

Yes, I agree with that. Unlike today, there were very few, if any, outside influences conflicting with the traditional values and beliefs that you and your generation were expected to comform to. Maybe that's why many of todays youths are in conflict with the regime.

Great idea!.. I for one would be more than happy to give them a whipping.:D

With their parents permission of course.

Archived