Child forced to join in act of worship.

I wasn't suggesting that we feed christians to the lions, just that my son isn't contaminated by having to join in with ritual zombie worship.

I have been in many magnificant churches around the World and have contemplated their beauty. I never did anything to disrespect the people in there as it was me entering their territory.

I would love to be shown around a mosque and ask questions of the faith and if it required me to behave or cover up my string vest, I would willingly.

I am at a loss to know how the Christian message of love can contaminate anyone. (Except for the better.)

You talk daft redwhine.

Well you started it...

This is what I meant when I said about taking my shoes off in a Muslims house. It was a religious thing and although I do not like Islam I would rather live amicably than cause animosity and bad feeling. Hopefully Muslims would have the same respect for my religion and if we extend this feeling of mutual goodwill and respect for others then it would be nice if Bloomdido and family responded towards Christians in the same spirit of goodwill when it comes to school assembly. :)

You want muslims and atheists to respect your religion yet do not reciprocate. You want that only your particular religion out of thousands should form part of school assemblies. Instead of denying this, you chose to accuse me of talking daft.

So put your money where your mouth is and call for all religions and atheists to form part of school assemblies, or be branded a hypocrite.

I am at a loss to know how the Christian message of love can contaminate anyone. (Except for the better.)
Take a look in any mirror.

(And no, I don't mean the daily one. Nor do I mean for the better.)

So put your money where your mouth is and call for all religions and atheists to form part of school assemblies, or be branded a hypocrite.

Glad you have finally come round to my way of thinking that all children should attend assembly and sing hymns which form part of the assembly.

Thankyou Graham for getting this declaration from redwhine.

Glad you have finally come round to my way of thinking that all children should attend assembly and sing hymns which form part of the assembly.

Not only can you not use the quote facility (...I've fixed it for you. No thanks necessary.) but your comprehension is sadly lacking. (The only other explanation is that you are a troll.)

I have made no such declaration. Read it again.

I suggested that Grahame should call for all religions to be represented at school assemblies to avoid being branded a hypocrite and you have twisted that into me calling for all children to be made to sing hymns at assemblies.

:loopy:Massive:loopy: :loopy:fail!:loopy:

Well you started it...

You want muslims and atheists to respect your religion yet do not reciprocate. You want that only your particular religion out of thousands should form part of school assemblies. Instead of denying this, you chose to accuse me of talking daft.

I am happy to do as you ask redwhine. :)

Not only can you not use the quote facility (...I've fixed it for you. No thanks necessary.) but your comprehension is sadly lacking. (The only other explanation is that you are a troll.)

I have made no such declaration. Read it again.

I suggested that Grahame should call for all religions to be represented at school assemblies to avoid being branded a hypocrite and you have twisted that into me calling for all children to be made to sing hymns at assemblies.

:loopy:Massive:loopy: :loopy:fail!:loopy:

Still reads the same to me and it would appear graham.

I think perhaps the drugs have taken hold. Redwhine is the last person on the forum to support religion of any kind.

If you cannot see what was said then you should have gone to specsavers.

No child should be forced in any way to participate in religious practices.

I think perhaps the drugs have taken hold. Redwhine is the last person on the forum to support religion of any kind.

If you cannot see what was said then you should have gone to specsavers.

No child should be forced in any way to participate in religious practices.

We can all change our minds.

We can all change our minds.

Exactly - so there is no reason to coerce a child into doing something connected with religion that he or she does not wish to do.

In other words - if a child does not want to go, then he or she should not be forced - and this includes unauthorised absense. It is not the parent's fault there is no-one left in the school who can take care of the children who do not wish to go on the outing. The school either makes sure someone is there to watch over those children, or allow them to remain at home - authorized absense.

Archived