Child forced to join in act of worship.

Still reads the same to me and it would appear graham.

>Sigh<

Here is the full quote, with additions in red, of a reply from me to Grahame...

Well you started it...

(Grahame had accused me of talking daft.)

You want muslims and atheists to respect your religion yet do not reciprocate. You want that only your particular religion out of thousands should form part of school assemblies. Instead of denying this, you chose to accuse me of talking daft.

So put your money where your mouth is (This is me suggesting that Grahame put his money where his mouth is.) and call for all religions and atheists to form part of school assemblies, or be branded a hypocrite. (...and what Grahame would need to do to achieve that.)

Please show where, from that, you deduce that I advocate hymn singing in school assemblies.

For anybody reading harvey's posts, who might assume they are other than drivel, I hereby declare that I have never advocated, and would never advocate, the singing of hymns in school assemblies.

I am happy to do as you ask redwhine. :)

Congratulations , Grahame. You have completely demolished all education in this country - something christianity has been trying to do for centuries.

The school day would be over before assembly could end and learning start if you got your way. Thousands of hymns, input from all the other religions in the world and then an atheistic section. What time would there be left in which to learn?

>snip<

You said it Bloomdidio (see bold) so how about you promote the genuine article and reject the fake?

Which of the 39,000 different versions is the 'genuine' one, and how can you tell?

Bloomdido. I have been looking at your post and am amazed you can think like that. Imagine for a moment that when you were a small child your parents were like god to you and then let us see what your post looks like if your parents were god.

No they won’t, but you might lose your inheritance if you abuse them.

(My bold.)

Impossible. His parents exist.

Congratulations , Grahame. You have completely demolished all education in this country - something christianity has been trying to do for centuries.

The school day would be over before assembly could end and learning start if you got your way. Thousands of hymns, input from all the other religions in the world and then an atheistic section. What time would there be left in which to learn?

It was your idea. It proves how daft you talk.

By the way, you don't teach the whole of science in a day. Just another example of your silliness.

>Sigh<

Here is the full quote, with additions in red, of a reply from me to Grahame...

Please show where, from that, you deduce that I advocate hymn singing in school assemblies.

For anybody reading harvey's posts, who might assume they are other than drivel, I hereby declare that I have never advocated, and would never advocate, the singing of hymns in school assemblies.

Redwhine you seem to have got very upset about a misunderstanding.

If you read my previous posts you will see I consistently make the same points which are very far from drivel.

What has caused your deeply felt views against singing hymns ?

Which of the 39,000 different versions is the 'genuine' one, and how can you tell?

Christianity is the teaching of Jesus.

About assembly I would get the business of the day over and before I sent the children to their classes I would have them sing this hymn and then let them recite this advise to children from the Lord.

My children keep the law for a long and peaceful life. Be merciful and truthful to others, trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, depart from evil and honour the Lord in all things.

Based on Proverbs 3:1-5

It was your idea.

Oh dear, Grahame.:hihi:

It was not my idea. (:huh:Maybe that's where harvey is going wrong.) In view of your previous post, I offered you the choice of two alternatives. You chose the one where every religion had an input into school assemblies plus a secular (... I actually used the term 'atheistic'...) section in preference to being branded a hypocrite (for demanding respect for your religion and that it should be part of school assemblies when no other religion nor the non-religious needed to be respected or represented in school assemblies).

It proves how daft you talk.

When have you ever heard me talk?

By the way, you don't teach the whole of science in a day.

By the way, Grahame, school assemblies are held every school day. There would be no time left for lessons every school day.

Just another example of your silliness.

More an example of your lack of engaging your brain before hitting the keyboard.

Archived