Child forced to join in act of worship.

I say the atrocities were of Moses and not of Almighty God, and now you say the atrocities were of Moses. That's a step forward.

You said God would never issue such a command, I said he did. Go back and read the thread if you don't believe me.

Also, you have a great variance your view of the bible. Here you say:

The Bible is a faithful record of what Moses, Aaron and the law givers said.[/Quote]

Yet you post here:

During the hundred years that followed the Assyrian conquest of Israel, the Levites in Judah began to compile the written Law. In 621 BC they produced Deuteronomy and read it to the people in the temple at Jerusalem.

This was the birth of "the Mosaic law", which Moses, if he ever lived, never knew. It is called the Mosaic law because it is attributed to him, but the authorities agree that it was the product of the Levites, who then and later repeatedly made Moses (and for that matter, Jehovah) say what suited them. Its correct description would be "the Levitical law" or "the Judaic law".[/Quote]

You said God would never issue such a command, I said he did. Go back and read the thread if you don't believe me.

Also, you have a great variance your view of the bible. Here you say:

Yet you post here:

You can't teach pork.

I should have known better than to try.

You can't teach pork.

I should have known better than to try.

Maybe it's just you can't teach, you don't have much knowledge of the bible, I wouldn't even call your knowledge of the bible even periphery.

Your stance constantly changes when you come up with a problem, so much in fact you just make stuff up, that has no relation to the text and can't be found in any exegesis.

If you were not such a religious zealot and you took time to rationally go through things with people rather than running to google and posting the most appealing thing to you that "wins" the argument, you wouldn't be here facing things you have posted that conflict each other.

Maybe it's just you can't teach, you don't have much knowledge of the bible, I wouldn't even call your knowledge of the bible even periphery.

Your stance constantly changes when you come up with a problem, so much in fact you just make stuff up, that has no relation to the text and can't be found in any exegesis.

If you were not such a religious zealot and you took time to rationally go through things with people rather than running to google and posting the most appealing thing to you that "wins" the argument, you wouldn't be here facing things you have posted that conflict each other.

Just get real f0rd and remember the devil or satan is depicted as a serpent.

The commandments forbid the making and worshipping of graven images yet Aaron made and worshipped the Golden Calf and Moses had a brazen serpent made which he held up in the wilderness. They worshipped satan as God and this is why we have the atrocities. You should be ashamed of your ancestors and you should give Almighty God all the praise and Glory that has been withheld from him.

When people point to the atrocities in the Old Testament they are pointing to the Jewish nation. Just you remember that.

Just get real f0rd and remember the devil or satan is depicted as a serpent.[/Quote]

Where? In the Old Testament, no he isn't. Satan or in Hebrew HaSatan (the accuser) isn't depicted as serpent anywhere in the OT, this association is a purely Christian one, that doesn't exist in any writings or Jewish thought before Christianity.

The commandments forbid the making and worshipping of graven images yet Aaron made and worshipped the Golden Calf and Moses had a brazen serpent made which he held up in the wilderness. They worshipped satan as God and this is why we have the atrocities.

Um no they didn't, maybe you should actually understand, JEWS DON'T SEE SATAN AS AN ENEMY OF GOD! Satan, works for God, as the accuser hence his name, Satan has no free will in Judaism and can't act without permission from God, just like the rest of the angels.

Oh yeah about that Brazen Serpent, it was God that told Moses to make it after sending some down to spite the Israelites for not doing as they were told, but yeh about that Brazen Serpent:

"So Moses prayed for the people. And the LORD said to Moses, "Make a poisonous serpent, and set it on a pole; and everyone who is bitten shall look at it and live." So Moses made a serpent of bronze, and put it upon a pole; and whenever a serpent bit someone, that person would look at the serpent of bronze and live."

You should be ashamed of your ancestors and you should give Almighty God all the praise and Glory that has been withheld from him

Maybe you should actually read the bible instead of making **** up.

When people point to the atrocities in the Old Testament they are pointing to the Jewish nation. Just you remember that.

Even when God ordered it again the Massacre of Og, were the Jews to disobey a commandment of God?

Where? In the Old Testament, no he isn't. Satan or in Hebrew HaSatan (the accuser) isn't depicted as serpent anywhere in the OT, this association is a purely Christian one, that doesn't exist in any writings before Christianity.

Um no they didn't, maybe you should actually understand, JEWS DON'T SEE SATAN AS AN ENEMY OF GOD! Satan, works for God, as the accuser hence his name, Satan has no free will in Judaism and can't act without permission from God, just like the rest of the angels.

Maybe you should actually read the bible instead of making **** up.

Even when God ordered it again the Massacre of Og, were the Jews to disobey a commandment of God?

I can't believe you just said "Jews don't see satan as an enemy of God."

Well I can actually, because I talk to Jews on other forums and you have confirmed the satanic nature of the Jewish nation.

I am upset and unhappy about it because I have always had a fondness for the Jews, but at least you have helped to put the Old Testament into context.

I'm closing down now and I wish you goodnight.

I can't believe you just said "Jews don't see satan as an enemy of God."

Well I can because I talk to Jews on other forums and you have confirmed the satanic nature of the Jewish nation.[/QUote]

There isn't a Jewish nation, Israel is a secular state...

And Jews don't see Satan as an enemy of God, if your read the book of Job, you will actually see Satan working for God, if he is the enemy of God what on earth is he doing in heaven chilling?

I am upset and unhappy about it because I have always had a fondness for the Jews, but at least you have helped to put the Old Testament into context.

Not really, you just don't understand jack by what you posted above.

>snip<

The commandments forbid the making and worshipping of graven images yet Aaron made and worshipped the Golden Calf...

>snip<

Would those be the 10 commandments?

If so, I think I'm right in saying that Aaron made the calf whilst Moses was away, talking with a burning bush and taking tablets. So before he knew it was against the commandments.

Just saying.

Would those be the 10 commandments?

If so, I think I'm right in saying that Aaron made the calf whilst Moses was away, talking with a burning bush and taking tablets. So before he knew it was against the commandments.

Just saying.

I only gave two examples, the Golden Calf and the Bronze Serpent. You are correct about the Golden Calf, Aaron was making that while Moses was receiving the Ten Commandments but there were numerous other idols that they worshipped as well and satan has numerous names. Basically they were an apostate nation far removed from Almighty God who is also the God of the New Testament. To give them their due, they often did return to Almighty God and when they did there was peace and the people prospered.

At a guess I would say nine tenths of the Old Testament is beautiful and inspirational, it is just that atheists like to focus on the bad bits but now we know we cannot blame Almighty God for it but the people themselves, which is what I have always said and sometimes I have said they were doing a "Blair and a Bush" (it sounds like a song doesn't it, or a pub :)) However I shouldn't jest it is a serious matter.

Archived