Child forced to join in act of worship.

Oh and could I get an answer for this please Grahame.

You are the one who has the answering to do. The Israelites did terrible things. Compare the atrocities in the Old Testament with the message of love of the New Testament.

Those were the false gods in the Old Testament.

The bible is the word of god. God puts in references to false gods. Was that to big himself up a bit? Or was the bile written by a load of semi literate desert dwellers trying to understand the meaning of everything via handed down fables?

I will have to think about this one .........

You are the one who has the answering to do. The Israelites did terrible things. Compare the atrocities in the Old Testament with the message of love of the New Testament.

Why should I? That wasn't the point of debate. It was you alleging the Jews have worshiped Satan.

So could you quit being disingenious.

When did Satan fall from heaven in your view, before or after the incident in the garden of Eden?

Hell is the grave.

What the 'hell' is Jesus talking about here then?

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

Jesus seems to be pretty explicitly saying hell is a real place where you go and are tormented by flames.

What the 'hell' is Jesus talking about here then?

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

Jesus seems to be pretty explicitly saying hell is a real place where you go and are tormented by flames.

It was a parable.

http://www.jesuswalk.com/lessons/16_19-31.htm

By the way Hades means grave.

It was a parable.

http://www.bcbsr.com/survey/pbl36.html

By the way Hades means grave.

Do you even read your own links?

"There are those who object to the illustration of the afterlife that Jesus presents here. There are those who propose that this is only a story and therefore is not necessarily true to life. However, notice that all of Jesus' other stories and parables were true to life. He doesn't use science-fiction scenarios in his stories. He presented the after-life the way it actually was. "

Oh and still waiting on an answer on when Satan's fall from heaven happened.

Archived