Child forced to join in act of worship.

Jesus never said to kill anyone, just the opposite in fact. The Christian message is one of love.

Yes, but the Pope doesn't order Christians out of the worlds armed forces where they are volunteering to kill anywhere governments order them to kill.

Padres as well. Modern Christians have strayed miles from the true path.

Jesus never said to kill anyone, just the opposite in fact. The Christian message is one of love.

That does not answer the question.

Read the whole article in the link. You cannot possibly have read my post in the short time it took you to respond. There is only one God. Satan goes by many names, he is the great deceiver and the father of lies.

So how can you be certain that your one god isn't an alias of satan?

You could be a satan worshipper!

(My bold.)

I didn't ask about a message. I asked how you know that your god is not an alias of satan. I ask it again

Well?

If this is a fact - and we cannot be sure - then how would that prove him not to be another disguise of satan? Do you have proof that satan actually asked someone to kill someone?

Christianity has made satan into some superbad villain when the definition of his name is "adversary, one who plots against another", so there are actually lots and lots of satans in the real world. I know I may be taking things to an extreme but ...

I don't think satan was named in the book of Enoch as one of the angels who opted out of heaven and was thus demonised by god.

That does not answer the question.

(My bold.)

I didn't ask about a message. I asked how you know that your god is not an alias of satan. I ask it again

Well?

It's no good quoting me out of context, for example while Moses was receiving the commandments from Almighty God, Aaron was making the Golden Calf to a false God. Sometimes they followed Almighty God and at other times they followed Baal and other false Gods. When they followed the true God who is in both the Old and the New Testaments then there was peace, but they committed atrocities when they turned to satanic worship.

I posted this only a couple of days ago:

I only gave two examples, the Golden Calf and the Bronze Serpent. You are correct about the Golden Calf, Aaron was making that while Moses was receiving the Ten Commandments but there were numerous other idols that they worshipped as well and satan has numerous names. Basically they were an apostate nation far removed from Almighty God who is also the God of the New Testament. To give them their due, they often did return to Almighty God and when they did there was peace and the people prospered.

At a guess I would say nine tenths of the Old Testament is beautiful and inspirational, it is just that atheists like to focus on the bad bits but now we know we cannot blame Almighty God for it but the people themselves, which is what I have always said and sometimes I have said they were doing a "Blair and a Bush" (it sounds like a song doesn't it, or a pub :)) However I shouldn't jest it is a serious matter.

It's no good quoting me out of context, for example while Moses was receiving the commandments from Almighty God, Aaron was making the Golden Calf to a false God. Sometimes they followed Almighty God and at other times they followed Baal and other false Gods. When they followed the true God who is in both the Old and the New Testaments then there was peace, but they committed atrocities when they turned to satanic worship.

I posted this only a couple of days ago:

They didn't carry out any Satanic worship, and you have failed to offer anything to substantiate this claim.

Secondly, I think you misunderstood Redwhine's question.

It's no good quoting me out of context...

I didn't quote you out of context. I quoted your post and even added two previous posts as background.

...for example while Moses was receiving the commandments from Almighty God, Aaron was making the Golden Calf to a false God. Sometimes they followed Almighty God and at other times they followed Baal and other false Gods. When they followed the true God who is in both the Old and the New Testaments then there was peace, but they committed atrocities when they turned to satanic worship.

Which still does not ask the question.

I'll try to word it differently.

You said, "There is only one God. Satan goes by many names..."

Presumably, you belive that all except one of the names in the bible is the 'true god' and therefore that all the others are false. How do you know your god is not one of the false ones? Why is the name Jesus not an alias of satan?

I didn't quote you out of context. I quoted your post and even added two previous posts as background.

Which still does not ask the question.

I'll try to word it differently.

You said, "There is only one God. Satan goes by many names..."

Presumably, you belive that all except one of the names in the bible is the 'true god' and therefore that all the others are false. How do you know your god is not one of the false ones? Why is the name Jesus not an alias of satan?

Satan is not the creator, he is the destroyer as we can see many times in the Old Testament.

Satan is not the creator, he is the destroyer as we can see many times in the Old Testament.

That is not an answer to the question;-

Of all the names in the bible, how do you tell the false ones from your true one?

Why is it not possible for you to have picked one of the false ones?

That is not an answer to the question;-

Of all the names in the bible, how do you tell the false ones from your true one?

Why is it not possible for you to have picked one of the false ones?

A few days ago I posted the names of satan. Here are some of the names of Jesus.

Almighty (Rev. 1:8; Mt. 28:18)

Alpha and Omega (Rev. 1:8; 22:13)

Christ (1 John 2:22)

Creator (John 1:3)

Deliverer (Rom. 11:26)

Eternal Life (1 John 1:2; 5:20)

Faithful and True (Rev. 19:11)

Faithful Witness (Rev. 1:5)

Faithful and True Witness (Rev. 3:14)

First and Last (Rev. 1:17; 2:8; 22:13)

Firstborn over all creation (Col. 1:15)

God (John 1:1; 20:28; Heb. 1:8; Rom. 9:5; 2 Pet. 1:1;1 John 5:20; etc.)

Good Shepherd (John 10:11,14)

Holy and True (Rev. 3:7)

Holy One (Acts 3:14)

I Am (John 8:58)

Immanuel (Mt. 1:23)

Judge of the living and the dead (Acts 10:42)

King Eternal (1 Tim. 1:17)

King of kings (1 Tim 6:15; Rev. 19:16)

King of the Ages (Rev. 15:3)

Life (John 14:6; Col. 3:4)

Light of the World (John 8:12)

Lord (2 Pet. 2:20)

Lord of All (Acts 10:36)

Lord of Glory (1 Cor. 2:8)

Lord of lords (Rev. 19:16)

Mighty God (Isa. 9:6)

Our Great God and Savior (Titus 2:13)

Our Redemption (1 Cor. 1:30)

Our Righteousness (1 Cor. 1:30)

Resurrection and Life (John 11:25)

Savior (Eph. 5:23; Titus 1:4; 3:6; 2 Pet. 2:20)

Truth (John 1:14; 14:6)

Way (John 14:6)

Archived