Child forced to join in act of worship.

This is what I have been trying to say Bloomdidio. What you have there is heathen/pagan religion which is what the Israelites practised when they turned away from Almighty God and worshipped false gods. Almighty God is disgusted by such things as you describe.QUOTE]

Your god could do with a new release of his bestseller just to clear up points such as these and exactly where people are not supposed to put their willies.

I am sure in of the main insurance companies would sign a sponsorship deal if He promised a few less 'Acts of his' in the forthcoming years and think of the money he would get at speaking engagements whilst spreading his word. Excuse me for being sarcastic and patronising but it is almost a pre-requisite in replying to your posts.

I agree it is not easy. The Old Testament is a history of the Hebrew nation who firstly were not Christians, they were Jews, and secondly your view is biased because you only look at the bad things.

What you are doing is like looking at the Taliban and saying isn't Christianity bad.

There is no comparison.

There are two scriptures I want to share with you and although it probably won't mean anything to you this experience with an Indian called White Bear brought tears to my eyes.

"Religion that pleases God the Father must be pure and spotless. You must help needy orphans and widows (those in need) and not let this world make you evil." [James 1:27]

"The LORD God has told us what is right and what he demands: "See that justice is done, let mercy be your first concern, and humbly obey your God." [Micah 6:8]

These two verses, and one is from the Old Testament summarise Christianity for me and I can think of no finer way to bring our children up. If you think different and you keep your children away from this kind of Christian teaching, then imo you should be ashamed of yourself.

http://www.talkjesus.com/108273-post10.html

Yet the Micah 6:8 has nothing to do with Christianity in the slightest, again from the context you so blatantly disregarded:

4 I brought you up out of Egypt

and redeemed you from the land of slavery.

I sent Moses to lead you,

also Aaron and Miriam.[/Quote]

Um, pretty sure thats about those satan worshipping Israelites, Moses oh yeah that guy who you claimed invented some things in the bible...

But lets take a look at vers 5:

5 My people, remember

what Balak king of Moab counseled

and what Balaam son of Beor answered.

Remember your journey from ****tim to Gilgal,

that you may know the righteous acts of the LORD."

Pretty sure there hasn't been a Christian exodus into Jordan.

...and verse 6-7

6 With what shall I come before the LORD

and bow down before the exalted God?

Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,

with calves a year old?

Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams,

with ten thousand rivers of oil?

Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression,

the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

Burnt offerings... whats that from the Levitical commandments?

So a verse that you think summarises Christianity, has nothing in fact to do with Christianity.

Edit: and I have just seen another post where you have butchered Hebrew scripture, I'lll get on that later.

Yet the Micah 6:8 has nothing to do with Christianity in the slightest, again from the context you so blatantly disregarded:

Um, pretty sure thats about those satan worshipping Israelites, Moses oh yeah that guy who you claimed invented some things in the bible...

But lets take a look at vers 5:

Pretty sure there hasn't been a Christian exodus into Jordan.

...and verse 6-7

Burnt offerings... whats that from the Levitical commandments?

So a verse that you think summarises Christianity, has nothing in fact to do with Christianity.

Edit: and I have just seen another post where you have butchered Hebrew scripture, I'lll get on that now.

Remember the Golden Calf? While Moses was receiving the Ten Commandments from the LORD Aaron was making a graven image to the LORD.

"The LORD" meant whichever god they were serving at that particular time. The LORD in Micah 6:8 is the Almighty, the Christian God, who said:

"See that justice is done, let mercy be your first concern, and humbly obey your God."

Remember the Golden Calf? While Moses was receiving the Ten Commandments from the LORD Aaron was making a graven image to the LORD.[/QUote]

What about it?

"The LORD" meant whichever god they were serving at that particular time. The LORD in Micah 6:8 is the Almighty, the Christian God, who said: "See that justice is done, let mercy be your first concern, and humbly obey your God." [/Quote]

Actually The LORD is a translation of YHWH which specifically means the God of Israel.

Again the verse has nothing to do with Christianity. Hell from the preceding context.

"I brought you up out of Egypt

also Aaron and Miriam."

Grahame if you want to claim YHWH was used by the Israelites for "whichever god they were serving at that particular time", could you highlight a verse which indicates and shows this? Or do you have nothing?

What about it?

Actually The LORD is a translation of YHWH which specifically means the God of Israel.

Again the verse has nothing to do with Christianity. Hell from the preceding context.

"I brought you up out of Egypt

also Aaron and Miriam."

Grahame if you want to claim YHWH was used by the Israelites for "whichever god they were serving at that particular time", could you highlight a verse which indicates and shows this? Or do you have nothing?

Even the High Priests, magistrates, judges and rulers were called God.

Psa 82:1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Psa 82:2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

Psa 82:3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

Psa 82:4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

Psa 82:5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

Psa 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Psa 82:7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Psa 82:8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

There are two scriptures I want to share with you and although it probably won't mean anything to you this experience with an Indian called White Bear brought tears to my eyes.

"Religion that pleases God the Father must be pure and spotless. You must help needy orphans and widows (those in need) and not let this world make you evil." [James 1:27]

"The LORD God has told us what is right and what he demands: "See that justice is done, let mercy be your first concern, and humbly obey your God." [Micah 6:8]

These two verses, and one is from the Old Testament summarise Christianity for me and I can think of no finer way to bring our children up. If you think different and you keep your children away from this kind of Christian teaching, then imo you should be ashamed of yourself.

(My bold.)

My son (31) has an honours degree in Chemistry. My daughter (28 ) has an honours degree in Human Biology. Both are in employment. Neither have ever been arrested nor, indeed, in any kind of trouble.

Remind me. Why should I be ashamed?

(My bold.)

I see what you mean. It is hard to hold back the tears of laughter.

May I suggest you refer to White Bear as a native American, out of courtesy.

Even the High Priests, magistrates, judges and rulers were called God.

Psa 82:1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Psa 82:2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

Psa 82:3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

Psa 82:4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

Psa 82:5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

Psa 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Psa 82:7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Psa 82:8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

If you are going to try challenge me, actually respond to the point I made,

"Actually The LORD is a translation of YHWH which specifically means the God of Israel."

None of those verses use יהוה (the LORD), they are all אלהים which is elohim which can mean God, ruler or king.

Not to mention your post didn't say G(g)ods did it? It specefically said:

"The LORD" meant whichever god they were serving at that particular time. The LORD in Micah 6:8 is the Almighty, the Christian God, who said: "See that justice is done, let mercy be your first concern, and humbly obey your God."

Your use of quoatations not mine, "The LORD".

So once again Grahame,

The LORD is a translation of YHWH which specifically means the God of Israel... if you want to claim YHWH was used by the Israelites for "whichever god they were serving at that particular time", could you highlight a verse which indicates and shows this? Or do you have nothing?

If you are going to try challenge me, actually respond to the point I made,

"Actually The LORD is a translation of YHWH which specifically means the God of Israel."

None of those verses use יהוה (the LORD), they are all אלהים which is elohim which can mean God, ruler or king.

Not to mention your post didn't say G(g)ods did it? It specefically said:

Your use of quoatations not mine, "The LORD".

So once again Grahame,

The LORD is a translation of YHWH which specifically means the God of Israel... if you want to claim YHWH was used by the Israelites for "whichever god they were serving at that particular time", could you highlight a verse which indicates and shows this? Or do you have nothing?

THE GOLDEN CALF

As we can see below the Golden Calf which is a false idol is also called "the LORD" with the people speaking of the idol as god or Elohim.

Exo 32:3 Everybody took off their earrings and brought them to Aaron, then he melted them and made an idol in the shape of a young bull. All the people said to one another, "This is the god (Elohim)who brought us out of Egypt! When Aaron saw this, he built an altar in front of the calf and announced, "Tomorrow there will be a festival to the LORD." 6 So the next day the people rose early and sacrificed burnt offerings (pagan) and presented fellowship offerings. Afterward they sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry. 7 Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go down, because your people, whom you brought up out of Egypt, have become corrupt."

Elohim and the Lord seem to be synonymous as far as the Israelites are concerned although we must not ignore the context. Personally I distinguish between false gods and the true God and I wish to dissociate myself from the violent, murdering god of the idolatrous Jews.

Regarding the name Exodus 6:3 says:

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them."

(Jehovah (Yah-Hovah) is revealed. "Yah" (#H3050) means "god". "Hovah" (#H1942) translates to "eagerly coveting, falling, desire, ruin, calamity, iniquity, mischief, naughtiness, noisome, perverse, very wickedness." Jehovah is the god of wickedness, Satan.)

After a lot of thought I prefer "God Almighty" or "Lord of Lords" which is in both the Old and New Testaments and "Lord of Lords" is a reference to Jesus.

For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe. [Deu 10:17 ]

Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords! For His mercy endures forever: [Psa 136:3]

He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, [1Ti 6:15]

These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful." [Rev 17:14]

And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. [Rev 19:16]

(My bold.)

My son (31) has an honours degree in Chemistry. My daughter (28 ) has an honours degree in Human Biology. Both are in employment. Neither have ever been arrested nor, indeed, in any kind of trouble.

Remind me. Why should I be ashamed?

Spirituallity is like food for the soul and to deprive people of it, and remember that for children this is something that is deliberately withheld from them by their parents, well to do that is like depriving them of Gourmet Food.

Archived