Halal Meat .. I've been wondering ..

KFC can sell what they want! u wont catch me in there but if they should be allowed to trade as they see fit

here's a funny youtuve video when americans cant get their chicken! soo funny!

Wonder what happened to the starving families of those who could not get their chicken. So sad. Perhaps we should send them some chicken aid.

The way halal meat is slaughtered is not inhumane, it's up to you to make the judgement as i can't be bothered to go through the entire list of for and against it's upto you to read up on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal

I would like to say if the meat is butchered properly the animal feels no pain whatsoever.

So the alternative is stunning a calf with electricity or shooting a bolt through the skull being more humane, the animal is in shock and distress while the butcher slits it's throat, i would rather go veggie.

One last thing, most kebab shops and indian restaurants sell Halal meat, so you have probably eaten Halal meat anyway. i think it's time people get over it. If they don't really want Halal i would suggest Mc Donalds (nice!!!).

The KFC argument has raised it's ugly head again today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1260286/KFC-diner-told-bacon-burger--halal.html

There's already been a halal KFC thread and it was one of the funniest SF threads ever... ah the memories... I think that thread spawned GItD's cultural marxist paranoia.

...I wonder why on earth it was deleted? :suspect:

I dont object too much to there being Halal business to cater for the Muslim(or non Muslim)community; what i am concerned about is the Islamification of popular, long established non Halal western business such as KFC.

I dont object too much to there being Halal business to cater for the Muslim(or non Muslim)community; what i am concerned about is the Islamification of popular, long established non Halal western business such as KFC.

Its not 'Islamicfication' or any such thing- its simply KFC realising there is more money to be made given the muslim population in certain areas- whether this is UK or abroad.

All major supermarkets now sell halal or kosher products as they do Polish products (latest)- especially where there is a concentrated area of people of these backgrounds. Just go to Cheetham Hill (Tesco) and see the amount of halal/kosher on offer- its simply catering to demand..

Halal food on its own is not even near its potential- I personally believe businesses (some supermarkets) could do a lot more if they maximised their efforts- they could make greater contribution to their margins if they managed it right. The last I read of it in The Grocer, the market is worth £700m and growing.

Re the KFC debate.....it tastes the same, the price is the same, whats the problem?

What's wrong with catering for a maximum customer base?! It's hardly as if they're banning people to simply accommodate halal eating customers is it?

As someone else has said, most curry's you've ever eaten from a restaurant or take-away will probably be halal meat anyway...

Some peoples ignorance/bigotry baffles me, it really does.

All major supermarkets now sell halal or kosher products as they do Polish products (latest)- especially where there is a concentrated area of people of these backgrounds. Just go to Cheetham Hill (Tesco) and see the amount of halal/kosher on offer- its simply catering to demand..

Yes, but that's not the issue. I, and I imagine everyone else would have no issue with Halal products being added to a menu. I eat Halal all the time and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

But this is taking something off a menu. And it's not like there aren't rivals to KFC out there. Just about everywhere has a Halal chicken / takeaway shop where there are Muslim residents.

how the hell can it be islamification?

are ALL KFCs gonna change to halal? i doubt it

its a business choice which in certain areas makes sense pure and simple, its like mcdonalds putting on kids parties, or certain pubs and clubs have womens nights with strippers etc

Yes, but that's not the issue. I, and I imagine everyone else would have no issue with Halal products being added to a menu. I eat Halal all the time and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

But this is taking something off a menu. And it's not like there aren't rivals to KFC out there. Just about everywhere has a Halal chicken / takeaway shop where there are Muslim residents.

They're basically taking a chicken thats been killed without a few chosen words off the menu, and replacing it with a chicken thats been killed with a few a chosen words.

Seriously, what IS the big deal? :rolleyes:

Archived