Arguments about God, including the ignostic-Ockham

Does God exists?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Does God exists?

• Spencerian [hard] agnostic- no one can know
    • soft agnostic- I'm undecided
    • Huxley agnostic- it takes evidence
    • ignostic - He means nothing, so He can't exist.
    • soft atheist [ negative]- lack of belief
    • hard [positive]atheist-probably not
    • agnostic theist- He exists but we cannot know much about Him
    • pantheist- His the world itself.
    • polytheist- they exist
    • adeist- they exist but don't interfere in the world
    • deist-He exists but has no revelations- hol books

You either believe, or you dont. Simple as that. My faith and beliefs are private, not to be imposed on other people. An atheist is often very boring and bitter. He is often very angry about something and finds God a handy thing to blame. People take comfort in their faiths but the atheist often grinds on and on about the futility of belief.

Who is he trying to convince ??? Others or himself ?????

I did not mean that the accretion disk is up in smoke, there is visible evidence in our system, vega and many others.......the timeframes however were in dispute last time i looked, going from the millions of years for formation to hundreds of years.
A disagreement over the time scales involved doesn't mean the theory is wrong but instead needs a slight adjustment to fit the facts. As per example it used to be believed that biological evolutionary changes could only occur at an incredibly slow rate with only infinitesimal changes per generation. This is how Darwin describes the rate at which he believed evolutionary change to occur within The Origin of Species. We're now finding out that under certain circumstances huge evolutionary changes can occur within a species during the time scale of only a few generations at a rate that would have astounded Darwin. Just because evidence emerges that shows that evolution can occur far faster than previously imagined, it does not means that evolutionary theory is incorrect...

You either believe, or you dont. Simple as that.
Well some people believe then lose faith, and some people don't believe, and then believe, and some people convert between religions. People can change their minds.
My faith and beliefs are private, not to be imposed on other people. An atheist is often very boring and bitter. He is often very angry about something and finds God a handy thing to blame
But we don't blame god for anything, we don't believe in god. Extra marks there for making sweeping generalisations about millions of people.:rolleyes:

People take comfort in their faiths but the atheist often grinds on and on about the futility of belief.

Who is he trying to convince ??? Others or himself ?????

others dude!:thumbsup:

Well some people believe then lose faith, and some people don't believe, and then believe, and some people convert between religions. People can change their minds.But we don't blame god for anything, we don't believe in god. Extra marks there for making sweeping generalisations about millions of people.:rolleyes:

others dude!:thumbsup:

I rest my case.

An atheist is often very boring and bitter. He is often very angry about something and finds God a handy thing to blame.
Blaming something i have no belief in??? Being angry at something I lack a belief in is like someone being angry at Santa Claus for giving them a lump of coal for Xmas despite the fact they've known since childhood that he isn't real and all the presents they normally receive come from friends and family... The logic simply doesn't follow...

;6135592']Blaming something i have no belief in??? Being angry at something I lack a belief in is like someone being angry at Santa Claus for giving them a lump of coal for Xmas despite the fact they've known since childhood that he isn't real and all the presents they normally receive come from friends and family... The logic simply doesn't follow...

It does follow. Our family give us earthly presents while our Heavenly Father gives us life and life eternal.

It doesn't happen by magic or by itself, someone has to do it.

It does follow. Our family give us earthly presents while our Heavenly Father gives us life and life eternal.

while false comparison - just because your family give you gifts, it does not follow that there is a god, or that he gives gifts

magic or by itself false dichotomy - you don't allow for other much more likely options, such as evolution

someone has to do there is no evidence that life is the result of creation by a person or thing.

...logic has never been one of your strong points has it? :rolleyes:

Archived