Arguments about God, including the ignostic-Ockham

Does God exists?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Does God exists?

• Spencerian [hard] agnostic- no one can know
    • soft agnostic- I'm undecided
    • Huxley agnostic- it takes evidence
    • ignostic - He means nothing, so He can't exist.
    • soft atheist [ negative]- lack of belief
    • hard [positive]atheist-probably not
    • agnostic theist- He exists but we cannot know much about Him
    • pantheist- His the world itself.
    • polytheist- they exist
    • adeist- they exist but don't interfere in the world
    • deist-He exists but has no revelations- hol books

Perhaps not. :)

I was wondering if that is the case with some of the posters on here who spend their time on the religious threads but are really covering up their true feelings when what they want to do more than anything is to come out and admit that in actual fact they are very interested in religion and would like to have a faith similar to others?

I wouldn't attempt to psycho-analyse them, but people can hold an interest or fascination in a subject without actually believing what it professes. Anyone's capable of changing their views one way or the other, provided that the information they've received is sufficiently convincing to that person.

Some people follow Buddha, you might do yourself. You don't need science to do that.

If someone points to the moon you look at the moon, not the finger that's doing the pointing.

And to show just how ignorant your statement is:

If science proves some belief of Buddhism wrong, then Buddhism will have to change. In my view, science and Buddhism share a search for the truth and for understanding reality. By learning from science about aspects of reality where its understanding may be more advanced, I believe that Buddhism enriches its own worldview.

Buddhism is based on reason and discovering things via testing and experience. It does not require blind faith, superstition or rigid dogma.

If someone points to the moon you look at the moon, not the finger that's doing the pointing.

And to show just how ignorant your statement is:

Buddhism is based on reason and discovering things via testing and experience. It does not require blind faith, superstition or rigid dogma.

Ditto for Christianity.

Ditto for Christianity.

Christianity doesn't require belief in God? Or belief in a man coming back from the dead? Or the Virgin birth? Really?

Many Buddhists are atheists, and it doesn't matter one bit because it's not about that. So don't try to do the 'it's the same thing' nonsense because it isn't.

Christianity doesn't require belief in God? Or belief in a man coming back from the dead? Or the Virgin birth? Really?

Many Buddhists are atheists, and it doesn't matter one bit because it's not about that. So don't try to do the 'it's the same thing' nonsense because it isn't.

Science is confirming the Bible regarding the creation account, with each day being a geological era. I am making new discoveries about the Bible which have strengthened my faith and I believe God revealed himself to us through Jesus Christ.

Science is confirming the Bible regarding the creation account, with each day being a geological era. I am making new discoveries about the Bible which have strengthened my faith and I believe God revealed himself to us through Jesus Christ.

:help:

Archived