Arguments about God, including the ignostic-Ockham

Does God exists?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Does God exists?

• Spencerian [hard] agnostic- no one can know
    • soft agnostic- I'm undecided
    • Huxley agnostic- it takes evidence
    • ignostic - He means nothing, so He can't exist.
    • soft atheist [ negative]- lack of belief
    • hard [positive]atheist-probably not
    • agnostic theist- He exists but we cannot know much about Him
    • pantheist- His the world itself.
    • polytheist- they exist
    • adeist- they exist but don't interfere in the world
    • deist-He exists but has no revelations- hol books

I have not judged her. She admits it.

Redwine happily said:

"Guilty as charged!:D"

After you had hypocritically judged her, they even quoted you handing down your verdict. So quit dogding and answer the question:

"Then I hold you responsible for belittling Christianity."

How could someone who hadn't judged another use the words "I hold you responsible"?

Redwine happily said:

"Guilty as charged!:D"

After you had hypocritically judged her, they even quoted you handing down your verdict. So quit dogding and answer the question:

How could someone who hadn't judged another use the words "I hold you responsible"?

She condemned herself.

Well I can't speak for all atheists. Trying to organise atheists is like trying to herd cats. All we have in common is that we withhold belief in god/gods.

Speaking for myself...

"God is not an insurance package, neither is he a comfort blanket, or a crutch."

Well, I'd have gone with, 'nor a crutch', but then again English is my mother tongue. (What's your excuse?:hihi:) But, yes; I subscribe to that sentiment. Something that does not exist cannot be anything, which, of course, includes those items on your list.

"People have it wrong."

I don't know anybody who is 100% right about everything, so, depending on what you mean by 'it', I can live with that. I'd probably leave it out of a definitive statement due to it being kinda tautologous, as in, 'stating the bleedin' obvious'.

"The emphasis in the Bible is that we are responsible and are held responsible for our own actions."

I'll leave the first part of the sentence for the theists to argue about (...where the emphasis in the wholely babble lies...). They are, after all, very good at it. Although, I must say, it it makes a mockery of the concept of prayer.

But, yes, we are responsible for our own actions (...again, 'stating the bleedin' obvious...) and should be held responsible for them (...by other human beings and in this world, as there is no supernatural entity nor an afterlife).

She condemned herself.

No she freely expressed her attitude to religion in post 219 provoking you to pass judgement upon her in post 220 with your pronouncement:

You judged redwhine despite the book you claim to be the word of your sky pixie clearly telling you not to judge others you hypocrite.

No she freely expressed her attitude to religion in post 219 provoking you to pass judgement upon her in post 220 with your pronouncement:

You judged redwhine despite the book you claim to be the word of your sky pixie clearly telling you not to judge others you hypocrite.

You don't have to judge a thief who steals in front of you and admits responsibility.

Archived