Arguments about God, including the ignostic-Ockham

Does God exists?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Does God exists?

• Spencerian [hard] agnostic- no one can know
    • soft agnostic- I'm undecided
    • Huxley agnostic- it takes evidence
    • ignostic - He means nothing, so He can't exist.
    • soft atheist [ negative]- lack of belief
    • hard [positive]atheist-probably not
    • agnostic theist- He exists but we cannot know much about Him
    • pantheist- His the world itself.
    • polytheist- they exist
    • adeist- they exist but don't interfere in the world
    • deist-He exists but has no revelations- hol books

A thesaurus is more likely. I was educated to use longwinded sentences and fancy vocabulary, and even I do not often come out with something as bad as that.

We haven't heard anything from him for a while, what's he doing... looking for a six syllable alternative for GODWIN!?:P

I think you'd get on well with Grahame. :hihi:

The Urban Dictionary puts it quite well.

ignosticism

One who professes ignorance on the knowledge of whether or not any god's exist, or even what the term means. It is a play on the words "ignorant" (to lack knowledge) and "genostic" (knowledge pertaining to gods).

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ignosticism

It depends on how you define God in my view.

I only hope that from his position of ignorance, he does not spend pages telling us about his ignorance. I suppose basically he is saying he is an atheist and an ignorant one at that. :D

But then aren't all atheists ignorant when it comes to spirituality? Mind you that doesn't stop them having plenty to say. :rolleyes:

;) Socrates stated that unlike most people, that he knew that he didn't know too much and thus coudn't go beyond the data as we'd say today, and then he pounced upon his opponents, showing that what he knew outweighed their opinions.

So I use this signature @ some sites: @ 'Fr.Griggs rests in his Socratic ignorance and humble naturalism." Yes, I find that supernaturalists make flimsy arguments that I go after with my naturalism.

Frankly, instead of trying to be funny, try to answer the points and ask me what I mean. That is the proper way to treat others as you' d want others to treat you,eh?

The neurological problems stem from my schizotypy, meaning, amongst other disabilites, I'd have language problems. No professor ever took umbrage at my style in my essays. One told me to use transitions. My French one , herself Franco-American, liked it.

I never fault someone for language use, ever only for points made.

So what are your views on this subject for which so many murder others? Elsewhere some even like my style and praise me for my content.

So why or why not God? :huh:

And support mental health and take away its stigma, please so as to treat others with respect!;)

Again, I'll be pithy in future posts. A poster elsewhere urged my to mention my neurological problem so that others would understand that it is indeed a problem that does harm my style.

Good will and blessings to all who treat others as they ought to.

Ignostic Morgan [ this name was to long ]

The following is as though it were a separte post to show that I'm working against that severe problem, which doesn't harm me otherwise, just on-line.

Heading North, ah, how perspicouos of you- I just had to use that word- self-deprecaton. That is, you're also an ignostic, finding that definitions for Him mean nothing without evidence, sir or ma'am! See folks how pithy that was?

Socrates stated that unlike most people, that he knew that he didn't know too much and thus coudn't go beyond the data as we'd say today, and then he pounced upon his opponents, showing that what he knew outweighed their opinions. <snip>

“The end of life is to be like God, and the soul following God will be like Him.”

I pray Thee, O God, that I may be beautiful within.

Socrates.

It really doesn't make any difference at all how you define God, you still cannot logically justify invoking one.

My exact words were that it depends on how YOU define God. :)

Some people like Dawkins define God as a physical object like a flying tea-pot which I think is ludicrous.

I define God as the Holy Spirit. :)

Archived