Arguments about God, including the ignostic-Ockham

Does God exists?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Does God exists?

• Spencerian [hard] agnostic- no one can know
    • soft agnostic- I'm undecided
    • Huxley agnostic- it takes evidence
    • ignostic - He means nothing, so He can't exist.
    • soft atheist [ negative]- lack of belief
    • hard [positive]atheist-probably not
    • agnostic theist- He exists but we cannot know much about Him
    • pantheist- His the world itself.
    • polytheist- they exist
    • adeist- they exist but don't interfere in the world
    • deist-He exists but has no revelations- hol books

I'm on atheists, one agnostic and five Christian sites where serious inquirers rather discuss mattersr than exhibit unneeded pedantry.

Where can anyone find intent behind natural forces? How can one justify the postulation of one Supreme Spirit rather than the many of animism- seeing spirits behind the wind,etc.

How could one postulate intent behind the Big Bang when it resulted from quantum tunneling?

Where is the intent behind miracles when as Hume notes, one has to evidence them when all prior evidence- mounted even more since he wrote his book on natural religion-exhumes the matter otherwise. As part of the presumption of naturalism, that means give evidence, not the say so of people untrained to detect natural happenings, including - fraud.

The atelic/teleonomic argument eviscerates theism all by itself.

Hal. do you find any intent behind natural causes? Thanks, sir.:help:

I hope all this is pithy enough!:)

I'm on atheists, one agnostic and five Christian sites where serious inquirers rather discuss mattersr than exhibit unneeded pedantry.

Where can anyone find intent behind natural forces? How can one justify the postulation of one Supreme Spirit rather than the many of animism- seeing spirits behind the wind,etc.

How could one postulate intent behind the Big Bang when it resulted from quantum tunneling?

Where is the intent behind miracles when as Hume notes, one has to evidence them when all prior evidence- mounted even more since he wrote his book on natural religion-exhumes the matter otherwise. As part of the presumption of naturalism, that means give evidence, not the say so of people untrained to detect natural happenings, including - fraud.

The atelic/teleonomic argument eviscerates theism all by itself.

Hal. do you find any intent behind natural causes? Thanks, sir.:help:

I hope all this is pithy enough!:)

Would therapy help this guy ??? I bet when he goes out he has all the street to himself. If we had a forum award for 'Talking B*ll*cks' this guy would win hands down. We can all talk some crap on here at times but this guy must be the world champion !!:loopy:

Would therapy help this guy ??? I bet when he goes out he has all the street to himself. If we had a forum award for 'Talking B*ll*cks' this guy would win hands down. We can all talk some crap on here at times but this guy must be the world champion !!:loopy:

Just ignore him.

Mockery, like atheism is often the result of poverty of wit and is a rust that corrodes all it touches. Look at Stalin and the others.

Christians don't usually mock, they are generally more respectful.

"Mockery is often the result of a poverty of wit." - quotation by Jean De La Bruyere.

More plagiarism, Grahame.

The presumption of naturalism is metaphysical .

The principle of empiricism is epistemological - theory of knowledge- requires us to use facts and reason rather than revelations, unconfirmed intuitions or the paranormal. It produces the empirical argument that there exists no empirical basis to affirm God.

The presumption of humanism- covenant morality for humanity- requires us to use reason and facts in dong morality rather than follow any supposed -punitive- divine code.

The presumption of rationalism - modern as supposed to Continental Rationalism requires us to use reason and facts in our lives.

And the presumption of skepticism requires us to investigate matters with an open, but not credulous -gullible- mind. We skeptics find some claims provisionally true such as evolution and plate tectonics, some probably false such as astrology and creationism and some such as the origin of language still unconfirmed either way.

Of course , the :loopy:jerks here would rather be pathetic rather than even try to assess these presumptions for that more abundant life than that ever dead man from Galilee never could do! Matt, yes to skepticism, sir!

Pithy enough.

And my friends ask me questions if you need to for clarification. Thanks!:D

Archived