Arguments about God, including the ignostic-Ockham

Does God exists?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Does God exists?

• Spencerian [hard] agnostic- no one can know
    • soft agnostic- I'm undecided
    • Huxley agnostic- it takes evidence
    • ignostic - He means nothing, so He can't exist.
    • soft atheist [ negative]- lack of belief
    • hard [positive]atheist-probably not
    • agnostic theist- He exists but we cannot know much about Him
    • pantheist- His the world itself.
    • polytheist- they exist
    • adeist- they exist but don't interfere in the world
    • deist-He exists but has no revelations- hol books

Fellow serious inquirers, I mistakenly clicked the wrong thread as this should be in the presumptions one. I asked the adminaistration to reposition it there.

Now, which premptions might you follow and why and why would they deny God's existence or - contrarywise, how might they affirm Him?

It is such a silly non seqitur to note my brilliance [ due to reading a lot of stuff] should include such mundane matters,sir!

Why do y'al believe or disbelieve in Him or Them- polytheism? Again, ask me to clarify matters,please.

Heading Norh and Weazel2006, my frineds, unless there are some who read these two threads but hitherto haen't wanted to post, you two seem to be the only ones to use reason to make comments. Those others who also use reason rather than silliness might answer also. A question about an argument would suffice. A pithy or long comment yea or nay in part or in whole would suffice.

Trautmann, Is God Imaginary is such a profound source!Thanks for letting the others know of it,friend. Check my friends' list.

Goodwill and blessings to all! Yes, to all!

Fellow serious inquirers, I mistakenly clicked the wrong thread as this should be in the presumptions one. I asked the adminaistration to reposition it there.

Now, which premptions might you follow and why and why would they deny God's existence or - contrarywise, how might they affirm Him?

It is such a silly non seqitur to note my brilliance [ due to reading a lot of stuff] should include such mundane matters,sir!

Why do y'al believe or disbelieve in Him or Them- polytheism? Again, ask me to clarify matters,please.

Heading Norh and Weazel2006, my frineds, unless there are some who read these two threads but hitherto haen't wanted to post, you two seem to be the only ones to use reason to make comments. Those others who also use reason rather than silliness might answer also. A question about an argument would suffice. A pithy or long comment yea or nay in part or in whole would suffice.

Trautmann, Is God Imaginary is such a profound source!Thanks for letting the others know of it,friend. Check my friends' list.

Goodwill and blessings to all! Yes, to all!

Feel free to pm me anytime....anyone capable of shutting up dragonofana is fine by me.....

Feel free to pm me anytime....anyone capable of shutting up dragonofana is fine by me.....

Wonder why I got dragged in? I don't even understand what kind of drugs ignostic is taking. Seems to me that the intent is there to teach us every crap use of the English dictionary there could possibly be. So much overuse of words.

Like I said - what drugs? And how did this person escape rehab?

The presumption of naturalism is metaphysical .

The principle of empiricism is epistemological - theory of knowledge- requires us to use facts and reason rather than revelations, unconfirmed intuitions or the paranormal. It produces the empirical argument that there exists no empirical basis to affirm God.

The presumption of humanism- covenant morality for humanity- requires us to use reason and facts in dong morality rather than follow any supposed -punitive- divine code.

The presumption of rationalism - modern as supposed to Continental Rationalism requires us to use reason and facts in our lives.

And the presumption of skepticism requires us to investigate matters with an open, but not credulous -gullible- mind. We skeptics find some claims provisionally true such as evolution and plate tectonics, some probably false such as astrology and creationism and some such as the origin of language still unconfirmed either way.

Of course , the :loopy:jerks here would rather be pathetic rather than even try to assess these presumptions for that more abundant life than that ever dead man from Galilee never could do! Matt, yes to skepticism, sir!

Pithy enough.

And my friends ask me questions if you need to for clarification. Thanks!:D

Writing in orange sends you mad you know.

Wonder why I got dragged in? I don't even understand what kind of drugs ignostic is taking. Seems to me that the intent is there to teach us every crap use of the English dictionary there could possibly be. So much overuse of words.

Now now, i don't think it fair to judge on the way the english is being used, now the orange text can deffinetely go the way of the dodo...its horrible ignostic please use a different color or none at all if possible.

I do find it highly amusing that some of the forums loudmouths who tend never to agree are united on this thread though.

I would suggest though ignostic that this may not be the forum for you, people are having trouble comprehending the meanings of your posts and you might be better suited to religious forums or those who can understand your wording.

No offence :)

Now now, i don't think it fair to judge on the way the english is being used, now the orange text can deffinetely go the way of the dodo...its horrible ignostic please use a different color or none at all if possible.

I do find it highly amusing that some of the forums loudmouths who tend never to agree are united on this thread though.

I would suggest though ignostic that this may not be the forum for you, people are having trouble comprehending the meanings of your posts and you might be better suited to religious forums or those who can understand your wording.

No offence :)

Bold - Not a case of not being able to understand the posts - more a case of not being bothered to read them. They are so boring. :hihi:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: The guy would send a glass eye to sleep.

Archived