Is it worth losing your civil liberties to reduce a "terror threat"

Nothing to hide?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Nothing to hide?

• Go away, leave me alone
    • Check me out, check him out, check them out

Personally I would be happy to use the London Underground wearing only a pair of pants if it meant I didn't get blown up.

If everyone was forced to only wear pants when on the London Underground, then it would be impossible to hide a suicide vest under your clothes.

This would be easy to implement, get everyone to strip down to their pants as they board the train, and people simply put their clothes into a locker

Today's news includes:

Nudie airport scanner abuse

Police tell internet cafe owners to spy on customers

Exploding boobies and bums

I don't care.

I want my life to be my life. I'll accept the 'threats' of Muslim takeover or 747's dropping out of the sky onto a puppy school. I don't want intrusion, interference, monitoring, restriction, mistrust, paranoia, suspicion of me and my neighbour.

How about you? Time for a change?

so you against the id card i take it ?

To be honest, the things listed in the original post don't really bother me. I don't mind stuff like x-rays, searches etc. Maybe its just me but I don't see the fuss in these x-rays at airports - so what if a stranger i'm NEVER going to see again, and if I did wouldn't recognise, gets a quick glimpse of my boobs? If it keeps me and the people around me safe I couldn't care less.

However I am against giving my fingerprints like a criminal, or carrying an ID Card around , like a criminal, or anything along those lines. There are many other ways to keep this country safe without making everyone feel like they have done something wrong.

The mistake you are making though is in thinking that nudie scanners will keep you safe.

And if you don't mind strangers getting a look, why not go and flash a passing bus? You wouldn't I expect, and that's why people generally don't feel comfortable with strangers checking them out in an effectively naked image.

The mistake you are making though is in thinking that nudie scanners will keep you safe.

And if you don't mind strangers getting a look, why not go and flash a passing bus? You wouldn't I expect, and that's why people generally don't feel comfortable with strangers checking them out in an effectively naked image.

No, of course I wouldn't, but this is more indirect and it is for one, two people tops to see, who (I would hope) had received the necessary training etc, instead of a whole bus full of passengers. It just doesn't bother me that much, it's only for a couple of seconds then you are on your way. However, I understand that although I feel this way not everybody else will.

The words 'civil liberties' and 'freedom' are greatly misused, you need a passport to leave or enter the country(legally), you need a license to drive and a national insurance number to work as well as ID to open a bank account, what is everybody moaning about ?

What I don't agree with is I can't walk in to a bank or post office with a helmet or balaclava on, yet I could wear a burkha...that makes no sense...simples !

Archived