£10 passages to Australia

Two of my aunties and uncles and their kids went over in 1965 and settlede in adelaide, south australia, Though they have all been back on visits, they would never come back to england and after going over myself 5 years ago i can see why they wont come back her permanently. They have done well for themselves, in fact one of my cousins took semi retirement age 51 in 2004 and just works enough hours to pay his national insurance stamp and to earn enough to pay his bills and spending money for the week

• 3 weeks later...

HI

Long shot here but searching for a family memeber who used the £10 passage to aussie in 1971/1972 michael Hudson, not sure where he went but think he lived in Wincobank? previous to that and wore cowboy boots!

Any help would be great as we cannot seem to find anything at all

Might help to know if he went by plane or ship (especially if you knew the name of the ship) and which city or state was his destination. The Australian Archives have a website, http://www.naa.gov.au You can do a free 'record search' by entering his name and the dates etc. However, the records are incomplete - I entered my own details and came up with nothing!!

Might help to know if he went by plane or ship (especially if you knew the name of the ship) and which city or state was his destination. The Australian Archives have a website, http://www.naa.gov.au You can do a free 'record search' by entering his name and the dates etc. However, the records are incomplete - I entered my own details and came up with nothing!!

thats O.K I too when typing in my own name on British records found i was never born or married,I think the key word is FREE try paying and all sort of new info pops up:suspect::suspect::suspect:

thats O.K I too when typing in my own name on British records found i was never born or married,I think the key word is FREE try paying and all sort of new info pops up:suspect::suspect::suspect:

Mmm I thought the whole site was free but there is an option to sign in as a member, maybe thats where the dollars change hands?

Archived