Spice Market Cafe - Review

Astraeus

Went last night at literally 1 minute past 9pm, were told we stop serving at 9pm! Great service, not . Wont be going back there!

Stop serving at 9pm, most restaurants will serve as long as customers are wanting serving!!

I've only been to SMC once with my wife and friends. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the staff were really helpful. My wife was facinated with the CCTV monitor showing the kitchens, this also kept her quiet for a bit :hihi: . Will definately be visiting it again, but must remember to be there before 9.

I had heard bad reviews of SMC but needed somewhere quick for lunch - I was really pleasantly surprised. I had a huge bowl of noodle soup and my friend had some amazing salt & pepper quid and a proper fishcake. The service was great, friendly and speedy. It was £20 for the whole bill inc drinks - I'll definitely be going back.

I eventually visited for the first time this lunch and the place left a good impression. It was being run from front of house very well, by the two waiting staff. I had slow roasted belly pork with noodles and it was pretty decent, the pork especially had been cooked with skill and care. Nevertheless, it was no better than a pork dish at Noodle Inn, though it was twice the price.

The kofte burger with chips was really good. It arrived with a mini Ceaser salad, chips, dips and fantastic onion rings - excellent value for £9.

It's a nice spot to eat and you can't fault how they've kitted the place out. The kid ate for free, and that included a drink, noodles, veg and chicken, all nicely cooked, then the obligatory ice-cream.

I'll definitely be back. (There's always the usual p. take though. At Cricket Inn it was a lobster for £45 . . . here it was 2 soft shelled crabs for £20.).

Archived