362 squadron air training corps looking for new members

Air Cadets aged between 13 and 18 and their supporting staff get the opportunity to participate in a large range of stimulating and rewarding activities. Where else could you learn to fly aerobatics, visit Royal Air Force Stations, tour foreign countries, play sports from local to International level, learn the skills to lead expeditions, become a target shooting marksman, gain your Duke of Edinburgh's Awards, canoe through white water, assist your community,learn aviation subjects, go caving, parachute, climb, sail, ski...? These and much more are available to you as a member of the Air Cadet Organization, whether you are a cadet or staff member

subs are only £2 a week and this includes your uniform

parade nights wednesday and friday 6.30pm-9.30pm we are based at

Manor top TA Centre

Hurlfield Road

Sheffield

s12 2an

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Very pleased to see that 362 is still extant, & hopefully going strong. I was part of the squadron in the mid-'70s til around 1980, & loved my time there. Where else could I get my glider pilot's wings for free? I recall turning up, at Lindholme, one weekend, ready for a couple of days flying, but thee barracks was crawling with bugs, & I really mean crawling. Lovely. Another weekend a rat had died in the hangar, & gods, did that stink! One little rat & the whole hangar was unusable, at least to anyone who wanted to keep hold of their breakfast. Damn' good times though.

Archived