£10 on door an all drinks free

andre6cam

come on guys and girls etc.make your way down to sanctuary bar @ side of cathedral.left side 1st left. thursdays is ****** nite.you need a venue then come and talk to us. will have loads more happening but big us up and you lot will be rewarded.good nite good music...and great peeps.goin to be gettin spin the wheel and open the box.is it your m8s birthday etc....come and talk to us we ll do our very best to make your night un4gettabubbleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Are you the owner/manager or one of the bar staff?

I don't think you are doing the venue's reputation any good with illiterate babble like this. It will surely attract only the lowest of the low as punters... I thought the Sanctuary was a nice classy place with with higher aspirations and nice food? :suspect:

I've just spotted from one of your previous posts that you're a grandmother :o

Seriously??!!

Your writing is in the style of a teenage chav!

Sorry if that offends you but I am genuinely gobsmaked...

Are you the owner/manager or one of the bar staff?

I don't think you are doing the venue's reputation any good with illiterate babble like this. It will surely attract only the lowest of the low as punters... I thought the Sanctuary was a nice classy place with with higher aspirations and nice food? :suspect:

I've just spotted from one of your previous posts that you're a grandmother :o

Seriously??!!

Your writing is in the style of a teenage chav!

Sorry if that offends you but I am genuinely gobsmaked...

Well, I was trying to be polite but....!

Well, I was trying to be polite but....!

:blush: Yeah... I don't really 'do' tactful very well! :hihi:

I was just trying to point out for the OP's own benefit, that it is very important when trying to publicise a business, to write clearly like an adult otherwise it comes across incredibly unprofessional... and all you'll get is a whole load of negative comments and pi55-takes (as proven above ;))

:blush: Yeah... I don't really 'do' tactful very well! :hihi:

I was just trying to point out for the OP's own benefit, that it is very important when trying to publicise a business, to write clearly like an adult otherwise it comes across incredibly unprofessional... and all you'll get is a whole load of negative comments and pi55-takes (as proven above ;))

It's a fair point, I've never been there but my image of the place now is somewhere that hands you a plastic pint glass, where your feet stick to the floor and everyone is either a peculiar shade of orange or lacking teeth.

It's a fair point, I've never been there but my image of the place now is somewhere that hands you a plastic pint glass, where your feet stick to the floor and everyone is either a peculiar shade of orange or lacking teeth.

You could say that about most bars on West Street!

That's the irony - it's not 'that sort' of bar!

It's tucked away behind the Cathedral, near the Wig & Pen, and is a lovely building with nice decor. I haven't been for a while but when I did it was very classy & serving good quality food.

It's always been fairly quiet (probably due to the location - off the beaten track) so perhaps that's why they have decided to try a different tack?? :confused:

It has changed hands a few times over the last few years - it was Sola Bar ages ago, then The Quarter.

That's the irony - it's not 'that sort' of bar!

It's tucked away behind the Cathedral, near the Wig & Pen, and is a lovely building with nice decor. I haven't been for a while but when I did it was very classy & serving good quality food.

It's always been fairly quiet (probably due to the location - off the beaten track) so perhaps that's why they have decided to try a different tack?? :confused:

It has changed hands a few times over the last few years - it was Sola Bar ages ago, then The Quarter.

you've got your bars mixed up - the quarter/sola bar was further down off a footpath over campo lane, the sanctuary is literally to the left of the cathedral as you look at it on the same road as the blue moon cafe

you've got your bars mixed up - the quarter/sola bar was further down off a footpath over campo lane, the sanctuary is literally to the left of the cathedral as you look at it on the same road as the blue moon cafe

Oh yeah! :o

Totally wong bar!!

Oops :roll::hihi:

That would have been Tivolis then :hihi:

hi muzz :headbang:

no, tivolis tried it much later. cant recall what name it had then but i seem to remember the place they went to was on ship hill at the place that has been called revolution and club pacha and it was opposite the cinema that became new york new york and is now beach. i just made a note in my head not to go there! :hihi:

Archived