Conservative Negative Advertising Campaign

And at least one of them is a non-dom and does not pay full tax in this country!

In case anyone is wondering why the current government has failed to do anything about non-doms, despite more than 13 years in office, here are some notable political donations made by non-doms

• Lord Paul – £69,250 in donations to Labour, including £45,000 to Gordon Brown’s leadership campaign. A close friend of Gordon Brown and appointed to the Privy Council last summer, he has admitted to being ‘non-dom’.

• Lakshmi Mittal - £4.125 million in donations to Labour.

• Sir Ronald Cohen - £2.55 million in donations to Labour. Cohen was appointed chair of the Social Investment Taskforce, which was announced by the then Chancellor, Gordon Brown.

• Sir Christopher Ondaatje - £1.7 million in donations to Labour.

• Sir Gulam Noon - £532,826 in donations to Labour.

• William Bollinger - £510,725 in donations to Labour.

• Mahmoud Khayami - £985,000 in donations to Labour including £5,000 to Hazel Blears’ deputy leadership campaign. He has helped bankroll two flagship schools, one of which Gordon Brown opened, and was personally thanked for a donation by Tony Blair.

• Dr David Potter - £90,000 in a donation to Labour. He has previously delivered a lecture at Downing Street.

Link

It never ceases to amaze me that people can somehow think that there is now any real difference between the behaviour of the two main parties. 30 years ago yes, definitely, but now, well it's rather like the ending of Orwell's Animal Farm.

Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

linky

is this ok or not?

for my money the reply would be a picture of David Cameron saying "I'd cut taxes for banks and bankers, vote for me"

Remember the Blair as the devil posters? Or Britain isn't working? Or how about the oldest negative campaign run by the Tories I remember 'If you want a n***er for a neighbour, vote Labour'?

The tories do this evertime - it's the last bastion of those without morals and no policies of their own to promote...

hehehe the unions are like the traditional political parties - 20th century institutions showing up their lack of relevance to 21st century society.

they aaaall lying boogers. it just annoys me when the tories pretend they aren't. at least when mandie lies he does it with a twinkle in his eye!

(and gordy should stop trying, he's useless at it)

Remember the Blair as the devil posters? Or Britain isn't working? Or how about the oldest negative campaign run by the Tories I remember 'If you want a n***er for a neighbour, vote Labour'?

The tories do this evertime - it's the last bastion of those without morals and no policies of their own to promote...

Blair with devil horns - well he did start two illegal’s wars resulting the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

Britain isn’t working - Well that was the truth and that campaign won them the election.

Your last piece was from 1964 .. most MP’s where still in short trousers of making daisy chains at the time so hardly current. Plus this was the campaign slogan of a single MP, not a national campaign.

Hmm, the ****** for a neighbour slogan was by one candidate in one election. It wasn't party policy was it?

And I suppose you've forgotten the Number 10 smear campaign put together from inside Number 10 a few months ago. Weren't some of the suggestions to say that Samantha Cameron was mentally disturbed and that a female Conservative MP was having an affair with another?

And the nasty Airbrushed for change campaign was hardly roundly condemned by Labour was it?

Only yesterday Mandelson was trying to discredit dozens of business leaders by saying that the Cameron had deceived them.

What nice people do the PR for Labour these days. They could teach the other parties a thing or two about negative campaigning.

If you don't see the debate you aren't looking very hard. Here is the letter to which it refers. It is very clear and concise.

Letter to The Telegraph

Mandelson's response was that the signatories had been duped by the Conservatives.

Consequently, last night those signatures were lining up to say "get stuffed Mandelson, no we haven't" because yet again he's patronising them.

Just look at those names, would you patronise them like that? Only if your job depended on it eh? ;)

In the letter you quote these business leaders quote the following “In the last two years, businesses across the country have cut their costs without undermining the service they provide to their customers.” so let’s just examine how these companies have been doing before we listen to these peoples viewpoints:

JCB

“Plant manufacturer JCB has turned a pre-tax pre-exceptional profit of £39m for 2008, despite a severe deterioration in market conditions.”

Aggregate Industries

“Quarrying-to-concrete group Aggregate Industries today said first half profits had risen despite the weakening US dollar, higher oil prices and reduced UK infrastructure business.Aggregate, whose British operation is based in Coalville, Leicestershire, said interim pre-tax profits increased by 11% to £44.6m (€67.5m) from £40.2m (€60.8m) previously.”

Jardine Lloyd Thompson

“Jardine Lloyd Thompson (JLT) said Tuesday that 2009 pre-tax profits rose 10%, beating analyst expectation owing to the strong performance of its risk and insurance businesses.”

Kingfisher

“Kingfisher plc reports adjusted pre-tax profits of £547 million, up almost 50%, financial net debt down 75% to £250m and the resumption of dividend growth”

Kurt Geiger

“Fashion shoe retailer Kurt Geiger has seen its sales increase 7 per cent. The company, which has almost 30 stores in the UK and Ireland in addition to concessions such as Liberty and other key department stores, created more than 300 jobs over its financial year.

Over the year to January 31 2009, earnings before interest, taxation, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) increased to £12.1m from £10m the previous year, a rise of 21pc. Sales increased by 15pc to £161.6m from £140m the previous year.”

So there we have it, these people who back the Tories have been prepared to cut jobs and implement pay freezes whilst at the same time ensuring they do very well thank you very much during this recession.

So explain to me why I should give any credence to people who will see their income increase if this is implemented, whilst at the same time millions of people up and down the country will see the services they depend upon decimated by the cuts they plan to introduce.

It might seem slightly odd to you, but I’d rather these people had to give up some more of their money to fund services the majority need.

But feel free to argue the contrary!!!

Another 14 captains of industry have stepped forward and put their support behind the conservatives.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8599447.stm

These people must be so thick as to line up to be deceived by the conservatives huh?

Nothing stupid at all about wanting to implement a policy that will see you benefit financially.

Personally I'd rahter the money went to the Public Services than directly into their pockets!

But feel free to argue differently.

Archived