Conservative Negative Advertising Campaign

My point was, Gordon Brown created this behemoth of a bank by ignoring the countries own limitations on such things, therefore creating the problem costing the tax payer over £11 billion.

But if he hadnt sanctioned the creation of "this behemoth" the problem with HBOS, Europe's biggest mortgage lender, would still have been there. It would still have been on the brink of failure like Lehmans etc. Are you saying he should have let it fail? Surely it was an exceptional circumstance which was worth setting asside competition rules in a first attempt to save the situation without requiring govt bailout?

Everyone knows elections are won by scaremongering, it's no great surprise. What's more worrying is that people are thick enough to believe anything they are told. Still, if people were intelligent enough to think for themselves perhaps we wouldn't need some lame ass to tell us how to live our lives.

Everyone knows elections are won by scaremongering, it's no great surprise. What's more worrying is that people are thick enough to believe anything they are told. Still, if people were intelligent enough to think for themselves perhaps we wouldn't need some lame ass to tell us how to live our lives.

I agree with you and I fear for Labour that the massed Tory media are going to frighten people to death into voting Tory, I just wish those on here who are going to vote Tory would think about it and tell us why, rather than believing the papers.

How anyone doesn't see that Labour made a better job of this recession than the Tories did of theirs is beyond me.

I agree with you and I fear for Labour that the massed Tory media are going to frighten people to death into voting Tory, I just wish those on here who are going to vote Tory would think about it and tell us why, rather than believing the papers.

How anyone doesn't see that Labour made a better job of this recession than the Tories did of theirs is beyond me.

It is probably because voters would rather believe anyone other than you.:hihi:

It is probably because voters would rather believe anyone other than you.:hihi:

Funny I ususally get accused of reliance on stats, surely there's nothing to argue about if the stat is accurate.

How patronising.

That's why Labour are expected to be out on their ear, not because of massed ranks of media instructing a dim Joe Public how to vote.

Archived