Ambulance Service paid £38 for every patient they DON'T take to hospital!

This is not about what constitues an emergency tho is it? Its about a piece of sensational journalism that doesn't look at the reasoning behind non-transport pathways. And it has nothing to do with the number of calls to the ambulance service, leaving people at home often puts greater demand on the service than transporting them.

TBH i'd missed that post, but again response times are a separate issue.

Calltakers should and do get as much information as possible, but unless for example a cardiac arrest is passed as a broken toe the extra information or lack of should not cause on scene delay feetching equipment.

What about the usual 'My mates been stabbed......' 'Where is the stab wound......'She's been stabbed get an ambulance here now.....' 'Calm down stabbed where....' ' In town ouside Niche....' 'No where on the body' 'She's bleeding get one here now...'

Where's the stab wound then with the call from the drunk mate???????

Is it a scratch or straight through the heart!

Bet you a pound to a penny most of the calls at the weekned are from incidents involving drink & the other person ringing for their friend is 'hammered' !!!!

What about the usual 'My mates been stabbed......' 'Where is the stab wound......'She's been stabbed get an ambulance here now.....' 'Calm down stabbed where....' ' In town ouside Niche....' 'No where on the body' 'She's bleeding get one here now...'

Where's the stab wound then with the call from the drunk mate???????

Is it a scratch or straight through the heart!

Bet you a pound to a penny most of the calls at the weekned are from incidents involving drink & the other person ringing for their friend is 'hammered' !!!!

True, but that would not cause an on scene delay, so it is irrelevant

True, but that would not cause an on scene delay, so it is irrelevant

No but it's back to my original point. The call taker can't get the relevant info from the caller. What kit does the medical professional get off the vehicle to treat the patient? Any ideas???

Delay getting right treatment to patient.

Response times are only a snapshot not the whole picture!

No but it's back to my original point. The call taker can't get the relevant info from the caller. What kit does the medical professional get off the vehicle to treat the patient? Any ideas???

Delay getting right treatment to patient.

Response times are only a snapshot not the whole picture!

It would not cause a delay, the same equipment would be taken in/out.

Also the police on scene would provide further information.

It would not cause a delay, the same equipment would be taken in/out.

Also the police on scene would provide further information.

I'm bored with this you obvioulsy live in an ideal world & think everything runs like clockwork.....carry on living in dreamland!!!!

I'm bored with this you obvioulsy live in an ideal world & think everything runs like clockwork.....carry on living in dreamland!!!!

Which part is not the real world? And what does this have to do with the article?

Which part is not the real world? And what does this have to do with the article?

That the police would already be there! Get real see:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7366774.stm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6652450.ece

You live in cloud-cookoo land!!!! Everything seems to be black or white in your world! If only it were true.....it mostly grey (areas)...

Don't get me wrong this IS NOT Ambulance bashing at all. Just a criticism of the things that are put in their way to stop them getting on with the sterling job that they do.

That the police would already be there! Get real see:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7366774.stm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6652450.ece

You live in cloud-cookoo land!!!! Everything seems to be black or white in your world! If only it were true.....it mostly grey (areas)...

Don't get me wrong this IS NOT Ambulance bashing at all. Just a criticism of the things that are put in their way to stop them getting on with the sterling job that they do.

In the case of a stabbing or assault the police WOULD be on scene before the crew, the first link you posted backs this up. In the case of the second link, that to me comes across as a personal failure by the responder first on scene rather than a failure of the system.

And none of this has any bearing on the original article in question.

In the case of a stabbing or assault the police WOULD be on scene before the crew, the first link you posted backs this up. In the case of the second link, that to me comes across as a personal failure by the responder first on scene rather than a failure of the system.

And none of this has any bearing on the original article in question.

Can you READ????? The first article is saying that the Ambulance could get there in the required 8 min response rate BUT THE POLICE PREVENTED THIS FROM HAPPENING AS THEY COULDN'T GET THERE UNTIL 13 MINS!!!!!! ARE YOU GETTING THE PICTURE????

The person went on to die as the police stopped the paramedic getting there in time, saving precious time & possibly the victims life!!!

As for it being off topic do you think someone who is dead needs any hospital treatement. Convienient health & safety law would possibly allow them to pocket the £38 and that doesn't sit very well with me if you must know & that is why it IS ON TOPIC!!!!

Can you READ????? The first article is saying that the Ambulance could get there in the required 8 min response rate BUT THE POLICE PREVENTED THIS FROM HAPPENING AS THEY COULDN'T GET THERE UNTIL 13 MINS!!!!!! ARE YOU GETTING THE PICTURE????

The person went on to die as the police stopped the paramedic getting there in time, saving precious time & possibly the victims life!!!

As for it being off topic do you think someone who is dead needs any hospital treatement. Convienient health & safety law would possibly allow them to pocket the £38 and that doesn't sit very well with me if you must know & that is why it IS ON TOPIC!!!!

So the police were on scene before the ambulance, as will always happen in these circumstances.

My reading is fine thank you, hows your understanding?

Archived