Are Christians discriminated against in the UK?

Totally irrelevant my foot. People are thinking for themselves, people convert to other religions and PT is an example of that, and people even construct their own cults of which there are many examples. As for people following the religion of their parents you only have to read the forum to see that is not the case.

Of course there are changes, but there is also a lot of things which stay the same. Strongly religious countries (and areas, tribes etc) remain strongly religious. Are you denying this?

Edit. ...and not just the strongly religious

Of course there are changes, but there is also a lot of things which stay the same. Strongly religious countries (and areas, tribes etc) remain strongly religious. Are you denying this?

I cannot speak for other countries because I do not know, but I do know attitudes are changing in America and over here we are seeing the building of mosques, traditional English churches being demolished and there is a rise in atheism. You and your fellow atheists should be jumping for joy and I deny what you say most emphatically.

Read what others write.

Originally Posted by Grahame View Post

This was the birth of "the Mosaic law", which Moses, if he ever lived, never knew. It is called the Mosaic law because it is attributed to him, but the authorities agree that it was the product of the Levites, who then and later repeatedly made Moses (and for that matter, Jehovah) say what suited them. Its correct description would be "the Levitical law" or "the Judaic law".

I read what you "wrote".

I'd be interested to find where you cut and pasted it from.

I read what you "wrote".

I'd be interested to find where you cut and pasted it from.

Read what I write for goodness sake. You obviously do NOT.

I gave the link in my post.

What is the point talking to people if they do not read and take in what is being said to them.

I'm going, I've had enough of your nonsense.

Read the whole article in the link, it makes good sense and explains everything as far as I can make out.

I cannot speak for other countries because I do not know, but I do know attitudes are changing in America and over here we are seeing the building of mosques, traditional English churches being demolished and there is a rise in atheism. You and your fellow atheists should be jumping for joy and I deny what you say most emphatically.

If churches are closing, I think that certain Christians with certain un-loving and bigoted attitudes need to look at themselves, and realise that THEY are failing the new Christians coming into the church. The failing is not on the part of the new Christians who are falling away. The failure is on the aoprt of the members of the church who are driving them away, and failing to support them.

They are getting whole lists of "Thou shalt not" and "Thou'd best had-do ..." instead of the grass roots support that they need to encourage their faith.

The church is failing people, and failing them in the most desperate and drastic manner.

(and before you come back at me, G, I was a student and adherent of Christianity for thirty years. I knew the bible inside out and upside down, and was a pillar of the church community, and *I* was failed by them, so what hope does any "Newbie" have, if I can be failed?)

The church needs to realise, as a friend of mine said, that it may have it's front doors open wide, bringing people in, but that the back doors are swinging, on their broken hinges, even wider, haemorrhaging the people and they can't be bothered to staunch the flow.

Read what I write for goodness sake. You obviously do NOT.

I gave the link in my post.

What is the point talking to people if they do not read and take in what is being said to them.

I'm going, I've had enough of your nonsense.

Read the whole article in the link, it makes good sense and explains everything as far as I can make out.

You please yourself what you do, G... if you make the decision to stay, you stay, if you decide to go, you go. You make the decision, you take the action. No-one does it for you. You are a big boy, you can walk across the road without someone holding your hand.

If you don't like it when people pull you up for lies, twists, and errors, that's your look out. If you want to take your bat and ball home, then do it. No skin off my nose.

How do you explain, for example, children of Catholic families growing up as Catholics, and children of Protestant families growing up as Protestants? If religious views are not heavily affected by nurture, we would expect children to be a mix of all religions and none, statistically regardless of their upbringing.

How do you explain, for example, children of Catholic families growing up as Catholics, and children of Protestant families growing up as Protestants? If religious views are not heavily affected by nurture, we would expect children to be a mix of all religions and none, statistically regardless of their upbringing.

Using your line of thinking the the children of doctors would become doctors like their father, and so on but you will find the opposite is generally the case and although a parent may have planned a career in law for their son, it often happens that the son rebels and goes into a different profession or trade.

In the example you have chosen the Irish child only really has two choices and friendship plays a large part as does the sense of community, not forgetting they could well be stigmatised for going over to the other side and be seen as traitors, because after all it was a protestant who killed your father. (Example)

The Irish situation is a complex one, there are far more factors involved than a simple choice between two very similar faiths and other than taking the faith of the opposition which they are unlikely to do, there isn't really an alternative .

The Irish situation is a complex one, there are far more factors involved than a simple choice between two very similar faiths and other than taking the faith of the opposition, there isn't really an alternative .

Yet if there was no religion, the issue would never have occurred.

Using your line of thinking the the children of doctors would become doctors and so on but you will find the opposite is generally the case and although a parent may have planned a career in law for their son, it often happens that the son rebels and goes into a different profession or trade.

In the example you have chosen the Irish child only really has two choices and friendship plays a large part as does the sense of community, not forgetting they could well be stigmatised for going over to the other side and be seen as traitors, because after all it was a protestant who killed your father. (Example)

The Irish situation is a complex one, there are far more factors involved than a simple choice between two very similar faiths and other than taking the faith of the opposition, there isn't really an alternative .

Do you really equate a person's trade with their faith? I cannot believe you really think they are comparable.

Archived