Are Christians discriminated against in the UK?

I'm not the one saying it.

You indicated that Jesus described gay sex as 'sinning'. Then you said that that was what Jesus said. I've asked you to elaborate and would like you to substantiate that statement.

So, what did Jesus say about homosexual sex being a sin?

Or have you just made that up to justify your own homophobia?

He didn't say it about homosexuals did he Grahame?

I need time to find it out and I need to go to bed. They didn't use the word homosexual then it was more like licentious or similar.

Found this

Jud 1:4 "Some godless people have sneaked in among us and are saying, "God treats us much better than we deserve, and so it is all right to be immoral." They even deny that we must obey Jesus Christ as our only Master and Lord. But long ago the Scriptures warned that these godless people were doomed."

I need time to find it out and I need to go to bed. They didn't use the word homosexual then it was more like licentious or similar.

Found this

Jud 1:4 "Some godless people have sneaked in among us and are saying, "God treats us much better than we deserve, and so it is all right to be immoral." They even deny that we must obey Jesus Christ as our only Master and Lord. But long ago the Scriptures warned that these godless people were doomed."

(I know you were replying to Halibut but it applies to me too) - A gay friend I have, with a far greater knowledge of the Bible than I have, maintains that Jesus never spoke out against homosexuality.

I've also taken the last few minutes to do a quick Google and all I can find is indications that there is scant evidence in the Bible of Jesus' sexuality, either way.

I'm sure a Man of the Word like yourself, Grahame, would have the quotes at his fingertips - if they existed. It's a bit lame to make confident assertions about homosexuality being sinning, then have to retreat to bed because you can't actually prove those assertions.

You just spout biggoted rubbish.

(I know you were replying to Halibut but it applies to me too) - A gay friend I have, with a far greater knowledge of the Bible than I have, maintains that Jesus never spoke out against homosexuality.

I've also taken the last few minutes to do a quick Google and all I can find is indications that there is scant evidence in the Bible of Jesus' sexuality, either way.

I'm sure a Man of the Word like yourself, Grahame, would have the quotes at his fingertips - if they existed. It's a bit lame to make confident assertions about homosexuality being sinning, then have to retreat to bed because you can't actually prove those assertions.

You just spout biggoted rubbish.

17 And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.

18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Mark 7.

17 And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.

18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

Mark 7.

Uh, where in there is there a reference to homosexuality? Please, perhaps I'm just being stupid, please point out where it says that gay sex is a sin?

Mark 7.

Nothing about homosexuality there is there?

Click on the word fornication, it brings up the definition.

Fornication? Oh! There was me thinking it meant 'sex'. As in, between two people. Heterosexual people, usually. Or are you now trying to tell us that every time the Bible mentions fornication, it means 'gay sex'? Cool! Grahame rewrites the Bible! :)

Edit: I clicked on the link:

"Fornication is voluntary sexual intercourse between a man and woman who are not married to each other. Adultery is one type of fornication."

So... how can this possibly apply to gay people? I'm not sure whether or not you know this, Grahame, but gay sex tends not to bebetween a man and a woman. Whether or not they are married to each other :)

Fornication? Oh! There was me thinking it meant 'sex'. As in, between two people. Heterosexual people, usually. Or are you now trying to tell us that every time the Bible mentions fornication, it means 'gay sex'? Cool! Grahame rewrites the Bible! :)

It's not me saying it. You asked and I replied like you wanted me to. Sorry.

Archived