Are Christians discriminated against in the UK?

It's not me saying it. You asked and I replied like you wanted me to. Sorry.

Ummm. I was actually asking that you substantiated your assertion that Jesus considered gay sex 'sinning'. Sadly (but not surprisingly) you have failed to do that. You haven't mentioned homosexuals!

It's not me saying it. You asked and I replied like you wanted me to. Sorry.

You've always had a bit of an issue with buggery haven't you Grahame?

Any idea who commits the most buggery? Go on have a guess, I dare you.

You've always had a bit of an issue with buggery haven't you Grahame?

Any idea who commits the most buggery? Go on have a guess, I dare you.

Uh, go on, Halibut. I kinda thought that I knew the answer but now think you might have something up your sleeve that could surprise me!

Click on the word fornication, it brings up the definition.

Grahame,

Whilst at times I admire your stamina, I tire of listening to you talk about homosexuality being immoral and abused children bringing their abuse on themselves. It's offensive!

Check out the text below and let me have your thoughts on it.

Laura Schlessinger is a Radio personality who dispenses advice to people who call in to her radio show. Recently, she told someone live on air that homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22 and cannot be condoned in any circumstance. The following is an open letter to Dr. Laura penned and also posted on the Internet:

Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear woolly gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev.24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

Grahame,

Whilst at times I admire your stamina, I tire of listening to you talk about homosexuality being immoral and abused children bringing their abuse on themselves. It's offensive!

Laura Schlessinger is a Radio personality who dispenses advice to people who call in to her radio show. Recently, she told someone live on air that homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22 and cannot be condoned in any circumstance. The following is an open letter to Dr. Laura penned and also posted on the Internet:

Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear woolly gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev.24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

:clap: excellent xxx

:clap: excellent xxx

I would expect a comment like that from someone who lives their life according to a 1500 year old book ,the christian religion has grown and advanced with the times and the statements above no longer holds water,just a bit of propaganda from someone, who like a few on here, wishes to appear intelligent but in reality hasnt got the foggiest idea what they are on about..by the way doesnt your Holy book deride homosexuality ?

I would expect a comment like that from someone who lives their life according to a 1500 year old book ,the christian religion has grown and advanced with the times and the statements above no longer holds water,just a bit of propaganda from someone, who like a few on here, wishes to appear intelligent but in reality hasnt got the foggiest idea what they are on about..by the way doesnt your Holy book deride homosexuality ?

You've ignored the whole point of the earlier post. Of course the statements don't hold water, and have been disregarded. So what is the purpose of the Bible? If some of its instructions are accepted as being incorrect and are disregarded, what about all the others? What authority do they now have?

It's clear that "being in the Bible" is no measure of the correctness of any instruction. Each instruction must therefore be judged on its own merits.

Lets try some.

Thou shalt not kill - seems a good one, I think it is wrong to hurt someone.

Do not steal - it harms someone else, so yes, it is a "bad thing".

Do not have homosexual sex - hmmm, two consenting adults not hurting anyone else. Can't see anything wrong with that.

Easy, this moral stuff. I think I'll carry on deciding for myself, in future. There doesn't seem to be any benefit in checking what the Bible says. It doesn't add anything, and in fact risks confusing the issue, with all these instructions that don't hold water.

Grahame,

Dear Dr. Laura,

What people don't realise is that running parallel through the Old Testament we have God's law and man's law side by side.

You quoted from Leviticus which was written by the Levites. They were one of the tribes of Israel and they were the priests. This is the law according to the Levites. It is not the law of God that we find in the Ten Commandments.

If you want the law of God in relation to what you posted above then this is it

(Proverbs 15:8) "The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.

The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but he (God) loveth him that followeth after righteousness."

What confuses people until it is explained to them is that the Levite priests had the status of God and when they spoke it was "Thus and thus sayeth the Lord." They were the Lord the same as we had the Lord in medieval England and the Lord of the Manor till not so long ago. Today we have Lords in parliament who pass laws the same you are talking about which is Jewish law written by the Levite priests for the Jewish people.

These are man-made laws, they are not Gods laws and if you take Jesus as our example who I believe is God incarnate he was strongly opposed to these man-made laws and told the Pharisees so in no uncertain terms.

You are talking about Jewish law and I wish you would get that clear and straight in your mind.

What people don't realise is that running parallel through the Old Testament we have God's law and man's law side by side.

You quoted from Leviticus which was written by the Levites. They were one of the tribes of Israel and they were the priests. This is the law according to the Levites. It is not the law of God that we find in the Ten Commandments.

If you want the law of God in relation to what you posted above then this is it

(Proverbs 15:8) "The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.

The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but he (God) loveth him that followeth after righteousness."

What confuses people until it is explained to them is that the Levite priests had the status of God and when they spoke it was "Thus and thus sayeth the Lord." They were the Lord the same as we had the Lord in medieval England and the Lord of the Manor till not so long ago. Today we have Lords in parliament who pass laws the same you are talking about which is Jewish law written by the Levite priests for the Jewish people.

These are man-made laws, they are not Gods laws and if you take Jesus as our example who I believe is God incarnate he was strongly opposed to these man-made laws and told the Pharisees so in no uncertain terms.

You are talking about Jewish law and I wish you would get that clear and straight in your mind.

Ok, so where in the Bible does it say that homosexuality is wrong?

Archived