Are Christians discriminated against in the UK?

What source do you have for this?

It doesn't say this in the bible, so I was wondering where did you get it from?

Cherry picking at its finest.

At first they would simply ignore the bits they don't like, but this obviously didn't sit too well with many. "Read the Bible", they would say knowing only too well that most wouldn't ... but there was always those annoying ones that would and would ask awkward questions.

Some modern Christians, realising that the OT is a nasty piece of work, decided that only the NT applies to them.

However, because they like the 10 Commandments they retain possession of that by cherry picking from the NT such verses as JOHN 15:10, "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love." You see that's a direct NT commandment to keep the OT 10C right there! :loopy:

Now they have taken the initial leap through the illogical loop, they are still left with the problem that the NT contains some nasty stuff as well, like hell and homosexuals must die. They're trying to redesign hell as "absence from god" or some other such nonsense, but they're simply back in ignore mode with most of it.

It's fantastic entertainment just watching these guys make it up as they go along, and they keep wondering why atheists take an interest. :hihi:

How can you not know where you got it from?

Unless perhaps you made it up, and you're now about to desperately search teh internets hoping to find some fundie site that agrees with you.

I have some pictures and rather than put them on photobucket one by one I thought it would be easier to combine them on one jpeg.

You will have to bear with me unless you are content to believe me when I say the Star of David is a satanic symbol.

I have some pictures and rather than put them on photobucket one by one I thought it would be easier to combine them on one jpeg.

You will have to bear with me unless you are content to believe me when I say the Star of David is a satanic symbol.

I wouldn't take anything on your word Grahame, I need proof. I look forward to your evidence.

Also have you forgotten that in the bible when it says 'The LORD' the original text did not actually say that, the original text said 'Yahweh' so there is no doubt that they do actually mean your god and not the levite priests. Your whole argument about the priests being known as Lords is completely irrelevant because it is only the modern translations of the bible that say lord, the original ones said Yahweh.

Good point but you need to quote the whole verse.

Rom 1:32 "Who, though they have knowledge of the law of God, that the fate of those who do these things is death (the grave) not only go on doing these things themselves, but give approval to those who do them."

This is like encouraging people to do something stupid, say playing chicken on a railway line, or having sex with multiple partners, some of whom may have an STI. I have seen people on here saying what is wrong with promiscuity and actually encouraging it, including giving children condoms. :loopy:

The Bible is concerned with our safety and well-being which is why there are these guidelines. The problem is that if people don't like them they disregard them but at their peril. It is a like disregarding the Highway Code, there is nothing wrong with it, the fault lies with the idiot who disregards it and ends up killing people and perhaps even themselves (the fate of those who do these things is death) yet there are lots of speed merchants and red light jumpers who encourage people and give approval to people doing these things.

The Bible is saying people like that need their heads examined. (My words)

Quite laughable really. :D

Sticking with the first verse you used to defend your homophobia.

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

For a start, "natural use of the women". Wow ... just wow!

I have heard many Christians use this to claim that anything but the missionary position is a sin.

Besides, how can it possibly be anything like a "safety" guide to life as you claim? We now know that it's not the acts of lasciviousness on there own, oral/anal sex, that cause STDs, but infections. This is the important bit of advice, not the don't do "unnatural" things to your wife bit.

Oh, and where's the verse that says "thy should wipe thine arse front to back, not back to front." That would have been fantastic advice. :hihi:

I wouldn't take anything on your word Grahame, I need proof. I look forward to your evidence.

Also have you forgotten that in the bible when it says 'The LORD' the original text did not actually say that, the original text said 'Yahweh' so there is no doubt that they do actually mean your god and not the levite priests. Your whole argument about the priests being known as Lords is completely irrelevant because it is only the modern translations of the bible that say lord, the original ones said Yahweh.

Seeing as you have said that this is the easiest way to show you. You remember the Golden Calf. Moses was in the mountain receiving the commandments from the Lord, while Aaron was in the valley below making a false idol to the Lord. In both cases, the true God was called "the Lord" and false idols were called "the Lord".

Jehoveh comes from Yah-Hovah and depending on context Jehovah means "the Lord is Satan".

Yah (#H3050) means "the Lord"

http://www.htmlbible.com/sacrednamebiblecom/kjvstrongs/STRHEB30.htm

"Hovah" (#H1942) translates to "eagerly coveting, falling, desire, ruin, calamity, iniquity, mischief, naughtiness, noisome, perverse, very wickedness." Jehovah is the god of wickedness, Satan.

http://www.htmlbible.com/sacrednamebiblecom/kjvstrongs/STRHEB19.htm

Jehovah means the Lord is Satan (it also means the true God as we see in the example of the Golden Calf) and that is why we have all the wickedness in the Old Testament. The other names for God are either "I AM THAT I AM" or LOGOS (the word) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. (John 1:1)

Seeing as you have said that this is the easiest way to show you. You remember the Golden Calf. Moses was in the mountain receiving the commandments from the Lord, while Aaron was in the valley below making a false idol to the Lord. In both cases, the true God was called "the Lord" and false idols were called "the Lord".
Where in the bible are false idols called the LORD?

As far as I understand it, and as far as practically every other Christian in the world apart from you understands it, every single time the bible says 'the LORD' it means your god, Yahweh.

Jehoveh comes from Yah-Hovah and depending on context Jehovah means "the Lord is Satan".
Do you have a source that backs this up?

The dictionary you have linked to does not say that the word Jehovah or the word Yahweh also means Satan. Also that is a different argument to saying it means false gods, make your mind up.

Where in the bible are false idols called the LORD?

As far as I understand it, and as far as practically every other Christian in the world apart from you understands it, every single time the bible says 'the LORD' it means your god, Yahweh.

Do you have a source that backs this up?

The dictionary you have linked to does not say that the word Jehovah or the word Yahweh also means Satan. Also that is a different argument to saying it means false gods, make your mind up.

There is no 'J' in the Hebrew or the Greek is there.

"And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods (plural) which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him. [They will have learnt about these gods when they were held captive in Egypt for about 400 years]

And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me. And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron. And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods (plural) O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the LORD. And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.

And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves: (Exodus 32)

Different Lords. You need to keep this in mind when reading the Old Testament. The true God is a God of love Just as Jesus is.

Yah (#H3050) means "the Lord"

http://www.htmlbible.com/sacrednamebiblecom/kjvstrongs/STRHEB30.htm

"Hovah" (#H1942) translates to "eagerly coveting, falling, desire, ruin, calamity, iniquity, mischief, naughtiness, noisome, perverse, very wickedness." Jehovah is the god of wickedness, Satan.

http://www.htmlbible.com/sacrednamebiblecom/kjvstrongs/STRHEB19.htm

Jehovah means the Lord is Satan (it also means the true God as we see in the example of the Golden Calf) and that is why we have all the wickedness in the Old Testament. The other names for God are either "I AM THAT I AM" or LOGOS (the word) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. (John 1:1)

And I don't suppose we can sing "the cat sat on the mat" any more because "satan" starts with the word "sat"... :roll:

Actually, grahame, Baal, the translation of the name of one of the Phoenecian gods, is "lord". As opposed to LORD as used for Jahweh.

Seeing as you are asking, here is an answer.

The word homosexual did not exist until 1892.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=homosexual&searchmode=none

If you want you can read Genesis 19 about Sodom which is where the word Sodomy comes from. The men could have had women but they only wanted men.

you are, once again, wrong, grahame.

The sin of the occupants of Sodom and Gomorrah was not that of having sex with other men. Their sin was that of not being hospitable to the strangers and sojourners who arrived amongst them, contrary to God's commandment.

Archived