Are Christians discriminated against in the UK?

No-one's posted the news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/8605700.stm

The bit I've put in bold yet again proves that what fundies like Mrs Chaplin ultimately object to is being treated the same as anyone else, that they think there should be discrimination - in favour of them - and that they really want to feel persecuted even if they have to manufacture the feeling in non-cases like this one.

"Shirley Chaplin, from Exeter, had argued the cross "ban" prevented her from expressing her religious beliefs."

(My bold.)

She was employed as a nurse. she should 'render unto Caesar' and express her religious beliefs in her own time.

"Mrs Chaplin said it was a "very poor day" for Christians in the workplace."

...but a good day for patients who require nursing instead of being preached at!

There is clear discrimination against religion in favour of homosexuality. I cite this forum as an example.

Total non-sequitur.

Allowing people their human rights is not in any way 'in favour of' homosexuality. It is neutral.

Neither does it discriminate against religion, unless you know of a case where an atheist B&B owner got away with turning away gays.

Total non-sequitur.

Allowing people their human rights is not in any way 'in favour of' homosexuality. It is neutral.

Neither does it discriminate against religion, unless you know of a case where an atheist B&B owner got away with turning away gays.

The discrimination is from the atheists and homosexuals on the forum against religion.

I am also willing to bet that if a christian couple were turned away from a B&B (purely based on their beliefs) that was run by atheists they (the B&B owners) would be in court for discrimination too (and quite rightly, too).

All the anti-religious threads against all the pro-homosexuals.

Total gobbledygook, unless you can translate it into English for me.

There may be anti-religious threads on here, but which of them are against pro-homosexuals? And what is a 'pro-homosexual' anyhow?

Total non-sequitur.

Your signature is an insult and discriminates against religion.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.

Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for life.

Give a man religion and he'll starve praying for a fish!

Atheism is a severe allergy to nuts.

The discrimination is from the atheists and homosexuals on the forum against religion.

No.

What you're witnessing is disagreement with your words.

No one is stopping you from typing what you want. That would be discrimination. You have the right to reply (until you break the rules/TOCs).

Until someone actually tells you (ie the admin team) that you can not post in defence of your beliefs/misguided B&B owners/bigots, then there is clearly no discrimination.

Archived