Are Christians discriminated against in the UK?

Did he beggary, grahame. He was an observant Jew, from birth.

Jesus rejected Judaism.

What did you post the other day about Jesus not being a cartenter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1263029/New-book-claims-Jesus-son-middle-class-architect.html

"Because the Jewish authorities had invested so much hope and time into Jesus it explains why they became so vehement in their hatred after he went "off message".

'He was their great hope who deviated from the Jewish faith, and so betrayed what they stood for.'

Read the New Testament where Jews converted from Judaism and turned to Christianity.

Jesus rejected Judaism.

What did you post the other day about Jesus not being a cartenter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1263029/New-book-claims-Jesus-son-middle-class-architect.html

"Because the Jewish authorities had invested so much hope and time into Jesus it explains why they became so vehement in their hatred after he went "off message".

'He was their great hope who deviated from the Jewish faith, and so betrayed what they stood for.'

Read the New Testament where Jews converted from Judaism and turned to Christianity.

I commented that this was a piece about scholars thinking he was more middle class than was originally believe. I personally didn't say Joseph was an architect.

Your comment is ridiculous, as usual, grahame... It's like saying that Mr Cantor, who owned the furniture stores in Sheffield, wasn't Jewish because he owned a furniture store Or that Mr Cass, who owns the jewellers in town can't be Jewish, because he's a jeweller.

You really do come out with some daft standpoints. I thought only the Red Queen had the monopoly on b"elieving six impossible things before breakfast".

Show me, in the Injil where it states that Jesus was not an observant Jew:- was it the bit in Luke 2:39 where he went to the Temple, to observe Passover? Oh, no, wait, that was being an observant Jew.

Could it have been the bit where he ate pork? Oh, no, hang on, he was an observant Jew, so pork would never have been permitted to have passed his lips.

What about the bit where he failed to observe the paying of tithes? Ohh, no:- As an observant Jew he'd certainly have kept that law.

Matthew takes pains to point out that Jesus wore tassels as a mark of commitment to Law observance as an observant Jew

Didn't he congratulate Zacchaeus for leaving behind the distasteful sin of Usury, and becoming, one again, an observant Jew?

As an observant Jew, he constantly taught about keeping the commandments, and taught that they came down to two basics, "love God, and love thy neighbour as thyself."

“One of the scribes came near and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, he asked him,

‘Which commandment is the first of all?’

Jesus answered, ‘The first is, 'Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one; you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' The second is this,'You shall love your neighbour as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these.’

“Then the scribe said to him, ‘You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that

'He is one, and besides Him there is no other'; and 'to love Him with all thy heart, and with all thy understanding, and with all thy strength,' and 'to love one's neighbour as oneself,'--this is much more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.’ ” (Mark 12: 28-34).

Everything Jesus did would have been governed by his being an observant Jew from praying the "Shema" daily (the Jewish prayer/declaration of faith, which goes:- 'Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one; you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.') to eating, to the religious festivals he would have observed.

Every one of his 12 close companions was an observant Jew too, (even Iscariot) not one was a gentile.

For those who believe in his being the fulfilment of prophecies... erm where exactly were those prophecies kept? Oooh, let me think. could it have been in the scriptures of observant Judaism? The Old Testament?

Wasn't Paul himself proud of the fact that he was an observant Jew? or as he phrased it himself, a Jew amongst Jews? Circumcised on the eighth day, as per the Torah?

Jesus, PBUH, said 'Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them' "(Matthew 5:17)

I commented that this was a piece about scholars thinking he was more middle class than was originally believe. I personally didn't say Joseph was an architect.

Your comment is ridiculous, as usual, grahame... It's like saying that Mr Cantor, who owned the furniture stores in Sheffield, wasn't Jewish because he owned a furniture store Or that Mr Cass, who owns the jewellers in town can't be Jewish, because he's a jeweller.

You really do come out with some daft standpoints. I thought only the Red Queen had the monopoly on b"elieving six impossible things before breakfast".

Show me, in the Injil where it states that Jesus was not an observant Jew:- was it the bit in Luke 2:39 where he went to the Temple, to observe Passover? Oh, no, wait, that was being an observant Jew.

Could it have been the bit where he ate pork? Oh, no, hang on, he was an observant Jew, so pork would never have been permitted to have passed his lips.

What about the bit where he failed to observe the paying of tithes? Ohh, no:- As an observant Jew he'd certainly have kept that law.

Matthew takes pains to point out that Jesus wore tassels as a mark of commitment to Law observance as an observant Jew

Didn't he congratulate Zacchaeus for leaving behind the distasteful sin of Usury, and becoming, one again, an observant Jew?

As an observant Jew, he constantly taught about keeping the commandments, and taught that they came down to two basics, "love God, and love thy neighbour as thyself."

Everything Jesus did would have been governed by his being an observant Jew from praying the "Shema" daily (the Jewish prayer/declaration of faith, which goes:- 'Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one; you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.') to eating, to the religious festivals he would have observed.

Every one of his 12 close companions was an observant Jew too, (even Iscariot) not one was a gentile.

For those who believe in his being the fulfilment of prophecies... erm where exactly were those prophecies kept? Oooh, let me think. could it have been in the scriptures of observant Judaism? The Old Testament?

Wasn't Paul himself proud of the fact that he was an observant Jew? or as he phrased it himself, a Jew amongst Jews? Circumcised on the eighth day, as per the Torah?

Jesus, PBUH, said 'Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them' "(Matthew 5:17)

Jesus observed the law of Moses, not the law of the scribes and Pharisees who he criticised most severely. By the time of Jesus, the Jews who were only one tribe, had corrupted the law of Moses that was for the whole Israelite nation and indeed the whole world.

Islam is similarly corrupted only more so by the hand of Mohammed and Jesus would have rejected the teaching of Mohammed in the same way he rejected the teaching of the Pharisees who for example introduced stoning, which Mohammed incorporated into Islam.

The Law of Moses says not to kill and it is the law of Moses that Jesus came to fulfil.

I was making the distinction on the basis that other religions are often exempted from rules due to their religious requirements. For example, Sikhs and small daggers.

Yes, I got that. But...

Assuming you are referring to Sikhs being exempt from wearing crash helmets...

1) Technically, that is a different matter. They are exempt from wearing something (crash helmets) and not being banned from wearing religiously required articles.

2) They use quite a lot of material, and I'm sure that the turban offers more protection than a cheap/second hand/badly-fitting crash helmet. (Besides, it saves time having to bandage them!:hihi:)

3) The only person endangered is themself.

Assuming you mean small daggers such as the sgian dubh (...which is actually part of Scottish National Highland dress and not related to religion...) or the Sikh kirpans...

1) If used correctly, they are no more dangerous to themselves or others than a nail file or nail scissors in a handbag. "The kirpan, which can range in length but is commonly 7.5cm (3in) long, is carried in a sheath and strapped to the body, usually under clothing." (Had the woman worn the cross strapped to her body under clothing, I doubt there'd have been a problem. But no, she had to be witnessing whilst she should be nursing - which is what she was being paid for - and could do in her own time.)

2) A patient would be unable to grab the dagger, which is one of the reasons cited for the original ban.

Archived