Are Christians discriminated against in the UK?

Read the New Testament where Jews converted from Judaism and turned to Christianity.

Where could I find that? I have no agenda here other than developing my knowledge - could you give me some pointers where I should look in the new testament as it isn't in line with what I thought was the case, but I'm happy to be wrong

Jesus observed the law of Moses, not the law of the scribes and Pharisees who he criticised most severely. By the time of Jesus, the Jews who were only one tribe, had corrupted the law of Moses that was for the whole Israelite nation and indeed the whole world.

Islam is similarly corrupted only more so by the hand of Mohammed and Jesus would have rejected the teaching of Mohammed in the same way he rejected the teaching of the Pharisees who for example introduced stoning, which Mohammed incorporated into Islam.

The Law of Moses says not to kill and it is the law of Moses that Jesus came to fulfil.

1) Well DUH, if Jesus (PBUH) was observant, and followed the mosaic law, then he'd be an observant Jew, just as I said above,

2) there were 12 tribes not just 1...

Where could I find that? I have no agenda here other than developing my knowledge - could you give me some pointers where I should look in the new testament as it isn't in line with what I thought was the case, but I'm happy to be wrong

Acts would be a good starting point. The book of Hebrews in the New Testament was written specifically to the Jews who converted to Christianity. Then there was the Apostle Paul otherwise known as Saul who was a high ranking Jew. He converted to Christianity and spent a lot of his time explaining and teaching the Jews. As PT said the disciples were Jews who became Christians and who went out preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The 12 disciples were the 'inner circle' but in reality there were far more disciples ranging from between 70 and 120 to a "growing multitude".

The term 'circumcised' and 'uncircumcised' refers to Jews and Gentiles respectively. There were 3,000 Jews who converted to Christianity at Pentecost following the death and resurrection of Jesus (Nisan 14 or 15), described in Acts of the Apostles, there were the Christians at Corinth and many more, and it continues on into the present day.

They're in the OT which you say is judaism.

You're simply (very simply:hihi:) cherry picking what to accept and what to reject. And even then 'interpretting' it any way you see fit. Have the testicles to show a little consistency, perleease.

If you reject the OT you reject the commandments, whosoever's they are. You quote loads of stuff from the OT that are not the 'law of Moses'.

He'd be better off working in Woolworths on the pick-n-mix counter.

The first five books are the law books but they have lots of good things in them as well, including the Ten Commandments. It is only the man-made Levitical laws (the bad stuff) that Jesus rejected.

s'funny, that.

You claim to know the Bible but are apparently unaware that Leviticus and Deuteronomy make up the five holy books called the Pentateuch (the Torah / Taurat)

In order...

Genesis

Exodus

Leviticus

Numbers,

Deuteronomy....

The five books of MOSES according to Jewish Canon.

and as an observant Jew and a holy and devout person, Jesus (PBUH) would have observed the 613 Mizvot or rules/instructions, which included the ten commandments.

<snip>

and as an observant Jew and a holy and devout person, Jesus (PBUH) would have observed the 613 Mizvot or rules/instructions, which included the ten commandments.

Not necessarily. One of the well known Jewish laws is not to work on the Sabbeth but then we have this:

• 23 And it came to pass, that he (Jesus) went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn. 24 And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful? 25 And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?

• 26 How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him? 27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

s'funny, that.

You claim to know the Bible but are apparently unaware that Leviticus and Deuteronomy make up the five holy books called the Pentateuch (the Torah / Taurat)

In order...

Genesis

Exodus

Leviticus

Numbers,

Deuteronomy....

The five books of MOSES according to Jewish Canon. <snip>

That is what I said

The Torah is the law and can be found in Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

The Prophetic books are Joshua, Judges, I&II Samuel, I & II Kings, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel etc.

Archived