Temporary Working VISA for USA

Morning everyone

Right then me and the Mrs were chatting yesterday about making a massive change to our rather mundane lives and we seem to be edging towards getting a temporary work visa for the US and packing up and heading there at some point soon.

So I was hoping there may be some people on here who have had experience of this who can give us some tips..........also what would be the chances of this leading to possible sponsorship for a permanent visa.....I'm assuming very slim!!

Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

My cousin went over to Calafornia about 6 years ago to work but he ws sponsored by his company. He has now got his green card and is marrying a local girl.

I'm presuming you have looked on here

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1271.html

Sounds like its quite hard and practically impossible to gain permanent status unless your company sorts it.

What jobs do you do over here?

If the US Immigration authorities suspect (and they don't need proof; suspicion is enough!) that you've obtained a temporary work visa with the intention of actually becoming long-term residents, they will deny you entry and you'll have to buy a ticket on the first plane back to Britain.

Morning everyone

Right then me and the Mrs were chatting yesterday about making a massive change to our rather mundane lives and we seem to be edging towards getting a temporary work visa for the US and packing up and heading there at some point soon.

So I was hoping there may be some people on here who have had experience of this who can give us some tips..........also what would be the chances of this leading to possible sponsorship for a permanent visa.....I'm assuming very slim!!

Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

How old are you and what kind of work will you be doing? Temporary work visas are usually only given to students or people who can prove that they will be returning home.

If you want a green card then you will need a job (usually a profession that you are highly qualified for) and a sponsor. The sponsor will usually be the company or institution you are working for.

Also there are lots and lots of illegal immigrants in the US, the majority who come overland from south America.

And no political party in the US want to tackle the problem because these people are apparently essential to the US economy.

Our small country is full to bursting

I'm not even going to ask you for evidence of that.

Not one single person who has posted that kind of thing on here so far, has provided a scrap of evidence as to how the country is 'full to bursting', when it clearly is not. :loopy:

John X

Archived