Anyone fancy meeting up and meeting new people?

bread

Hi guys, I've just been winging about not knowing many people here either... I moved here for my bloke a few years ago but found it difficult to get to know people outside of his group of friends. And now they're dwindling in numbers...

I'm in my late twenties and would love to get to know more people in the area to hang out with :-)

As a forummer who didn't go on her first meet for the first three years of my time on the forum, I know how hard it can be to go on the first one. But honestly it's fine once you are there. :)

There are two meets this week which will definitely be happening.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=558968

This is a meet on Friday in Broomhill pubs and then some people are going on to Climax.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=567645

This is a meet on Monday in the Harlequin pub. That one will be staying there but there are usually some who go on to the Washington after.

I'm going to the friday one, not sure about the Monday yet.

People range in all ages from 18-80. And, if you don't like it, you can always slope off.

Find the thread, have a read, see what you think.

As a forummer who didn't go on her first meet for the first three years of my time on the forum, I know how hard it can be to go on the first one. But honestly it's fine once you are there. :)

There are two meets this week which will definitely be happening.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=558968

This is a meet on Friday in Broomhill pubs and then some people are going on to Climax.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=567645

This is a meet on Monday in the Harlequin pub. That one will be staying there but there are usually some who go on to the Washington after.

I'm going to the friday one, not sure about the Monday yet.

People range in all ages from 18-80. And, if you don't like it, you can always slope off.

Find the thread, have a read, see what you think.

I can thoroughly recommend the monday night meets at the Harlequim. We're always glad to welcome newcomers, though just to make sure that new people know who we are, we always insist on wearing antlers (white ones for regulars, brown for newcomers). So if you're planning on coming for the first time, grab yourself a pair of brown antlers and we'll see you there!

I moved to Sheffield after graduating from uni for work/boyfriend and am finding it hard to meet people. Is there anyone else out there in a similar situation or who would like to meet new people who would fancy meeting up? I was thinking drinks, tea and cake, dinner, walks, anything really.

I'm a 28 year old female who works at the Hallamshire hospital. I'm mainly into the alternative scene (i.e. no cheesy night clubs or RnB!) and I'm into a wide variety of things such as dancing, yoga, knitting, walking, clubbing, baking etc etc.

If anyone fancies meeting then reply and we can arrange somewhere for an initial meet up.

Beth

Is this some subtle way of asking about wife swapping in Sheffield? If so it does not happen (exept in a very limited way at Totley)

I've had so many replies from people on this thread I can't keep up! 50's chick and anyone else going to fancie on saturday - I've got short blonde cropped hair (well, cropped hair that needs cutting so is more mop than crop) and i'll probably be wearing skinny jeans. Maybe we should make badges to display so we know who's meeting up and who's there for other reasons. i should be a teacher or blue peter presenter. We can chat about going to the other meets whilst eating cake and supping earl grey

(Not being serious about badges in case you were thinking i was an uber geek... unless you want to of course)

Archived