Poor Postal Service in Nether Edge?

I just wanted to check if its my imagination or if other people are experiencing this too, but recently I seem to be going 2 or 3 days with no post. I've always normally had at least 3 or 4 items a day and in the past its been an extremely rare day that I've had nothing delivered, perhaps once every couple of months, but now it seems to be half the time. I even had an ebay item a few weeks ago that was so delayed that I reported it as missing and got a replacement from the seller before the original item turned up.

I recall that before my old, usual, postman disappeared he told me that there were some big changes being implemented that would have a bad impact on services, but I thought that would just mean it coming later in the day, whereas what seems to be happening now is nothing for 3 days and then a huge wedge being delivered. Is anyone else in the area experiencing the same? (or am I developing postal service paranoia??)

your old postman is right, major changes are afoot! watch this space. i think we'll be out again soon...

I do get the impression that front line workers are being shafted by management (based on what I've read), but am I right in my impression that post is being saved up for a couple of days before being delivered? Thats certainly what appears to be happening

I do get the impression that front line workers are being shafted by management (based on what I've read), but am I right in my impression that post is being saved up for a couple of days before being delivered? Thats certainly what appears to be happening

Not at our office it's a clear all mail policy.What may happen is that someone is off with a good reason and calls in to explain the problem the duty may not be covered in time that day, you may get 2 day's post the next.

Not at our office it's a clear all mail policy.What may happen is that someone is off with a good reason and calls in to explain the problem the duty may not be covered in time that day, you may get 2 day's post the next.

Is your office the one that covers Nether Edge?

I could understand if it was a one-off or occasional occurence, but it really does seem to be happening a lot and only in the last couple of months.

Our service in S6 Walkley Lane is terrible too.We never know when we are gonna get any post.We even had some on Sunday last week but dont know whether that was delivered by a post person or our neighbours. None of our post is ever in the right house either.I dont know why cause everybody has numbers on their doors and gates etc. :rant:

Is your office the one that covers Nether Edge?

I could understand if it was a one-off or occasional occurence, but it really does seem to be happening a lot and only in the last couple of months.

Sorry no, but we get feedback from other offices, according to the hierarchy it's not a common practise as people from other offices will try to cover on o/t

Our service in S6 Walkley Lane is terrible too.We never know when we are gonna get any post.We even had some on Sunday last week but dont know whether that was delivered by a post person or our neighbours. None of our post is ever in the right house either.I dont know why cause everybody has numbers on their doors and gates etc. :rant:

Not having a go at you,far from it, but working for the RM it is not what most people believe.It is not easy,you just don't pick up a bag and deliver.As a long time employee these days RM recruit what they term as waysiders,the duty they are to deliver is ready for them when they come to work.They haven't a clue where they are going as not much training is given to them as they only work a few hours a day so not worth the expense.As a full timer we do the same round everyday and get to know the round and the people.

Now my little rant

1 Not everyone has a number on their door or gate

2 Some have letter boxes on the front door ,some on the back

(so you may have to go 1 on the front ,2round the back, 2 on the front etc)

It can be so confusing if you don't know where the letter box is never mind

if the number is on the front door and you are round the back when you have never been on the round before.

3 Try talking to the postman/lady if you have the chance and explain your concerns i'm sure they will be obliging and apologise for any mistakes that occur

4 If the delivery person does not know the round and a dog suddenly appears how does he/she know it is not dangerous ? The mail then remains undelivered until it is safe to do so , hence some receive 2/3 days mail .

Rant over hope this tries to explain your concerns over RM deliveries

Archived